Page 11 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 1490
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ifnt420 View Post
    I hope you're not gonna install that with the XC factory struts/shocks.
    I was actually.
    Why not?

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    TPE>BNE>DFW>AUS>TPE
    Posts
    1,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean Racer View Post
    I was actually.
    Why not?
    I had a set on before I got the coilovers, and it's gonna give you a real bouncy ride!!
    I think Justin also tried it, the factory XC struts/shocks are not made to go that low, if you want lower go with Eibach springs made for the XC. Much better option.
    2002 V70XC w/volvoXC.com stickers! MTE Stage 3+

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Western Head, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ifnt420 View Post
    I had a set on before I got the coilovers, and it's gonna give you a real bouncy ride!!
    I think Justin also tried it, the factory XC struts/shocks are not made to go that low, if you want lower go with Eibach springs made for the XC. Much better option.
    I did the Eibach/stock shock route and its works fairly well. Not too stiff, not bouncy. Its really not as low as I would have liked, but considering its an XC I guess its a good compromise between being "lowered" and being practical. Ends up a bit closer to a standard V70 ride height.

    Cheers,

    Bill
    Western Head, NS CDN

    '08 BMW 750i (Black Sapphire)-204K kms to-date
    '05 XC70 (Lava Sand)-296K kms to-date
    '02 V70XC-gone @393K kms
    '05 V70R (Magic Blue)-120K mi to-date - gone
    '96 854R (Red)-real CDN-spec 5-speed R - gone @270k kms
    And other Volvos and misc. Euro stuff

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ifnt420 View Post
    I had a set on before I got the coilovers, and it's gonna give you a real bouncy ride!!
    I think Justin also tried it, the factory XC struts/shocks are not made to go that low, if you want lower go with Eibach springs made for the XC. Much better option.
    Hrmmmm,
    Everything I have read up about them states they make the car firmer and more stable, both on acceleration and braking. NO one has mentioned they will make it more bouncy

    Besides, how much lower do they make the XC ?

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Hey Chilled Man,
    Nice work on installing those speakers. My door speakers on my 2003 xc70 are shot, I want to replace them but don't know how to remove the door panel to get to the speakers. Was it difficult? Are you aware of any manuals out there that tell you how to get to the speakers without ruining the door panel?

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Oh and to answer the OP:
    Today I solved the problem of my 2003 xc70 not starting. For the last two days nothing happened when I turned the key, after a few tries the Inhibitor message came on.
    Vovle dealer charged me $175 to tell me my problem was the inhibitor/antenna/and another part in the steering column. Total cost was going to be over $1000.

    I got online and resarched, determined it was possibly a starter problem. Went outside, wiggled the starter wires and bang the car starts right up. Instead of a high-dollar dealership bill that wouldn't have fixed the problem anyway I have a loose connection that I fixed with a screwdriver.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Western Head, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
    Oh and to answer the OP:
    Today I solved the problem of my 2003 xc70 not starting. For the last two days nothing happened when I turned the key, after a few tries the Inhibitor message came on.
    Vovle dealer charged me $175 to tell me my problem was the inhibitor/antenna/and another part in the steering column. Total cost was going to be over $1000.

    I got online and resarched, determined it was possibly a starter problem. Went outside, wiggled the starter wires and bang the car starts right up. Instead of a high-dollar dealership bill that wouldn't have fixed the problem anyway I have a loose connection that I fixed with a screwdriver.
    Heaven forbid the dealer would have gone out, opened the hood, and wiggled some wires first before suggesting a $1000 fix. Criminal behaviour; no wonder people think dealers, regardless of who they represent, are crooks.

    Another example though of people taking back the power to fix their own cars despite crooked dealers.

    Cheers,

    Bill
    Western Head, NS CDN

    '08 BMW 750i (Black Sapphire)-204K kms to-date
    '05 XC70 (Lava Sand)-296K kms to-date
    '02 V70XC-gone @393K kms
    '05 V70R (Magic Blue)-120K mi to-date - gone
    '96 854R (Red)-real CDN-spec 5-speed R - gone @270k kms
    And other Volvos and misc. Euro stuff

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by billr99 View Post
    Heaven forbid the dealer would have gone out, opened the hood, and wiggled some wires first before suggesting a $1000 fix. Criminal behaviour; no wonder people think dealers, regardless of who they represent, are crooks.

    Another example though of people taking back the power to fix their own cars despite crooked dealers.

    Cheers,

    Bill
    Howdy Bill,
    Exactly what I thought: did he even look at the vehicle or just charge $175 for a swag?I will ask him exactly that when I call him tomorrow to have him cancel the parts order.

    When a novice like me can diagnose the fix over the internet it tells me the certfied pro who missed it wasnt trying real hard.

    Im sure there are plenty of competent, reputable dealer shops who are honest but it is definetely a buyer-beware world out there.

    Cheers,
    vailpass

  9. #109
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Calgary Alberta
    Posts
    1,339

    Default

    Replaced the rear emergency brakes (one side just fell apart), new rotors and pads. I also re-lubed the pins, cleaned the calipers and painted them black. Boy, were they ever dirty...rusty.

    In Calgary, they don't use salt, they used calcium carbonate which is not as corrosive as real salt and its also safe for the environment and good for grass. But cars still do rust with any precipitation.


  10. #110
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,439

    Default

    I have noticed a developing ugly trend from dealers who instead of correctly diagnosing faults by actually looking properly, they always want to replace a perfectly working part with new parts and charge full price.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •