Page 149 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4999139140141142143144145146147148149
Results 1,481 to 1,487 of 1487

Oil and filter change (amsoil xl 5w30, mann filter). Front and rear rotors (Zimmerman), pads (textar), spark plugs (NGK 6962), fuel filter (Bosch), and topped off the rear diff oil.

My big adventure was changing the 'stop light', brake lights to the rest of us. Got fancy and did some research and settled on some flashing LED's. After giving up on getting in there the logical way, I came to this forum and read up on how to do those lights, needle nose pliers and patience required, removed the speaker, pull red tab out, while pulling on the tab depress the black tab above it, poof speaker out, needle nose to twist the bulb holder out, counter clockwise...GENTLY, replace bulb, rinse and repeat on the R side, NOTE EASIER to remove the little harness behind the speaker to get at bulb. Now the fun part, bulbs worked BUT still have an error on the dash and no flashing of the brake lights. These bulbs aren't suppose to require a resistor but....guessing they really do. Luckily I've got a ton of the resisters so..time to open things back up and install the resisters.

Things have been starting to fail on my '04 XC70. Last week I took off the front bumper to get at the headlight ballasts. Driver side ballast went bad so I replaced them both and used industrial silicone caulk to make sure there would be not future water leaks.

After having both headlights working, I started getting a misfire on cylinder #2. Figured it was a coil so I ordered a set of 5 coils and spark plugs. After the parts showed up the next day (the magic of Amazon), it took a half-hour and to swap out the stuff. From the condition of the plugs, I would bet they are 15 year old factory originals! Engine is much more responsive with the new coils and all cylinders fire.
    Greg
    Bethlehem, PA

Current ride: '04 XC70

Replaced the accessory drive belt on my '04 XC70. I also purchased a belt tenioner, but I just could not get at the bolts holding it to the block.

Instructions and videos show that one can just take off the rubber cover from the wheel well to get at stuff. When I pulled mine, I found sheet metal blocking access to the engine.
    Greg
    Bethlehem, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Kragmeister View Post
    Replaced the accessory drive belt on my '04 XC70. I also purchased a belt tenioner, but I just could not get at the bolts holding it to the block.

Instructions and videos show that one can just take off the rubber cover from the wheel well to get at stuff. When I pulled mine, I found sheet metal blocking access to the engine.
    Iíve done several tensioner without needing to do anything more than remove the belt. 13mm bolt head. A deep socket fits with room to swing the wrench.

Get a mirror and examine it closely. Itís not hard. I promise.
    Current Fleet:
    2016 Tundra Crewmax 4WD 1794
    2005 MB S600 (100K, Michelin AS3+, M1 0W40)
    2002 V70-XC (238K, Castrol Edge 0W40)
    2002 V70-T5 (195K, IPD bars, Bilsteins)
    2001 V70-T5 (76K)
    1932 Packard Sedan (straight 8, dual sidemounts, original paint and interior, Shell Rotella 15W40)

Quote Originally Posted by Astro14 View Post
    Iíve done several tensioner without needing to do anything more than remove the belt. 13mm bolt head. A deep socket fits with room to swing the wrench.

Get a mirror and examine it closely. Itís not hard. I promise.
    I figured, but was starting to be pressed for time so buttoned it up after replacing the belt. Figured I could get back to it another time, and then re-shim the AC compressor clutch at the same time.
    Greg
    Bethlehem, PA

I replaced both rear wheel bearings on my wife's 2001 XC- I'd suggest that if anybody is going to replace the rear bearings to have a set of parking brake shoes on hand both sides on this car the frictions were separated from the shoes- easy to do the shoes when the bearings are off
    also replaced oil filter and changed the oil- added 1/2L ATF to transmission
    added Lucas 70-90W gear lube to the bevel drive
    checked the antifreeze OK to -34*
    ready for winter
    cheers
    Hank