Changed spark plugs and tightened turbo hoses...
    Dismantled some small parts to keep as spares from my friends salvaged xc70....

Quote Originally Posted by vtl View Post
    That's insane, it is just one single toggle in VIDA.
    I asked the for the same thing and got the same answer . They wanted want to change the DIM as well so show KPH and other faff, but that doesn't bother me, what does is that temp is in *F and they want something ridiculous to change it to *C. Waiting to setup a VIDA subscription one day to purchase the "User Defined Software" and do it my self, or hopefully convince another dealer to cut me a deal (yeah right!).
    2005 XC70 Crystal Green | Hilton | 16T | Bad Swede | 130k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Antherzoll View Post
    I asked the for the same thing and got the same answer . They wanted want to change the DIM as well so show KPH and other faff, but that doesn't bother me, what does is that temp is in *F and they want something ridiculous to change it to *C. Waiting to setup a VIDA subscription one day to purchase the "User Defined Software" and do it my self, or hopefully convince another dealer to cut me a deal (yeah right!).
    You don't need a subscription for that, just DiCE and VIDA.
    2002 V70 (sold)
    2005 XC70 (Telos Road took it. Did a chassis swap)
    2016 XC60 (sold, P.O.S.)

Ok, how?

I been though VIDA several time, when initiating the program to change the settings the initial prompt states something like "User defined software = NO" and I'm unable to edit.

It's somewhere in the DIM settings, I did that once (mi/F -> km/C), since I was born metric, but reverted back as it turned out that being a bi-standard is like bi-lingual.

You may have problems with VIDA installation.
    2002 V70 (sold)
    2005 XC70 (Telos Road took it. Did a chassis swap)
    2016 XC60 (sold, P.O.S.)

Yes, I have accessed that same menu several times with no luck. I'l try again once I have VIDA open, but I'm almost 100% sure I need the "User Defined Software" installed before changing settings. Here's the PN:30682697, maybe I should just goto the dealer, give them the number without a description and see if they will download for a fair price.

Swapped old sway bar links, front and rear.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sway Bar Link Change - Rear Old and New - 20150801_171606_626.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	7348

Name:	Sway Bar Link Change - Front New and Old - 20150801_142259_817.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	7349

Name:	Sway Bar Link Change - Front New Old Detail - 20150801_142313_176.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	7350

Whatever brand of links were there made me go HMMMM. alf of the balljoint is pretty exposed with nothing but thin rubber to shield it. Naaah. Happy with the replacement selection. Lot stouter, thicker link, plus grease fittings... and NO TORX INSET =D

Grumble: whoever conceived the whole insert torx to hold balljoint needs a little wall-to-wall advice. The new stuff had a handy 18mm square nut to secure the balljoint stud, while a decent ratchet wrench can fasten the nut. Because, theriouthly, folks, who does that torx thing...

Still have to put the miles on them, but the makers have not let me down on other vic brands. Shall report.

Quote Originally Posted by faraiwe View Post
    Swapped old sway bar links, front and rear.

Whatever brand of links were there made me go HMMMM. alf of the balljoint is pretty exposed with nothing but thin rubber to shield it. Naaah. Happy with the replacement selection. Lot stouter, thicker link, plus grease fittings... and NO TORX INSET =D

Grumble: whoever conceived the whole insert torx to hold balljoint needs a little wall-to-wall advice. The new stuff had a handy 18mm square nut to secure the balljoint stud, while a decent ratchet wrench can fasten the nut. Because, theriouthly, folks, who does that torx thing...

Still have to put the miles on them, but the makers have not let me down on other vic brands. Shall report.
    What brand did you use? Your new rears are a lot like the MevOtech ones I'm using, but this is the first I've seen front links with greasable joints and exterior counter-holds for our cars.
    '04 XC70, Ash Gold / Taupe, Premium, Touring, Tinted Rear Glass, Rear Skyddsplåt, Wing Profile Load Bars, USA Spec 11,
    StonGard Light Protection, Yokohama YK740 GTXs, Meyle HD Sway Bar Links, ipd HD TCV, subframe & top brace poly bushing inserts,
    TitaniumTim XC Cup-holder Coasters.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennhaven View Post
    What brand did you use? [SNIP!!!!]
    Haven't seen or used MevOtech (?), FWIW, those are almighty Moog, the US made, not the Italian jobs (yes, some of them are made in Italy, and they are worth as much as FIATs, i.e., not even the price of the FREE brochure).

I've used this (US made side) brand for pretty much every.single.suspension.job underneath Jeeps and FJ Cruisers. They are bomb proof, taking punishment the type that only a 2.5ton vehicle scrambling up and down ravines, driven by 350ft/lb torque can dish out; 1,500kg XC, on flat terrain? Breezy!

Obviously, I am talking TRUE off roads, here, I mean WHO uses sway bars in those? ;D

Quote Originally Posted by faraiwe View Post
    Haven't seen or used MevOtech (?), FWIW, those are almighty Moog, the US made, not the Italian jobs (yes, some of them are made in Italy, and they are worth as much as FIATs, i.e., not even the price of the FREE brochure).

I've used this (US made side) brand for pretty much every.single.suspension.job underneath Jeeps and FJ Cruisers. They are bomb proof...!
    Thanks. Yes, I've used Moog on my own Jeep without any failures. However I didn't see any greasable Moog links when I did the XC last time.
    '04 XC70, Ash Gold / Taupe, Premium, Touring, Tinted Rear Glass, Rear Skyddsplåt, Wing Profile Load Bars, USA Spec 11,
    StonGard Light Protection, Yokohama YK740 GTXs, Meyle HD Sway Bar Links, ipd HD TCV, subframe & top brace poly bushing inserts,
    TitaniumTim XC Cup-holder Coasters.