Page 7 of 150 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Default Black on Black

I gave it a wash, a wax and it's first treatment of Forever Black. What a mighty product for plastic bumpers.I will give it another coat next weekend as I ran out of time yesterday. Enjoy the pics.
    Regards,

Giles
    Last edited by Giles; 11-08-2009 at 06:42 PM.
    2001 Volvo V-70-XC 2.4T Black (SOLD)
    1988 MB 300SEL Diamond Blue (Cruiser)
    1999 MB E430 Avantegard Royal Indigo (Sports Saloon)
    1974 MB 350SLC (mock SLC Rally car, 3000kms away but coming home in 3 weeks)
    1988 Range Rover 4.2 5 spd manual (Go anywhere truck)

Default New Oil

finally managed to change oil,sump nut was very tight(overtightened) and rounded,had to borrow damaged bolt remover socket and it came straight out!new bolt and washer from volvo dealer now fitted and geniune oil filter element.managed to get it done before it started to rain.
    scott

I installed my HID high beams.
    http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15122

As I have only had the car since Tuesday, I am still going over it for warranties.
    All my engine issues were battery related. Because the car hadnt been driven in over 3 weeks, the battery was weak and almost flat. This generated a plethora of ECU spasms with over a dozen ridiculous OBD2 codes.

Highlight of the day - finding the retractable luggage netting tucked into the rear seats

Yesterday the Mud-Terrains came off, and studded winterforces went on. a side note: BFG Mud-Terrains in the snow/ice are almost completely useless!
    2003 XC70
    BFG Mud Terrains
    IPD Aluminum Skid plate
    Curt Hitch
    Yakima Basket W/ Spare Tire Mount
    Poly Upper and Lower Motor mounts
    IPD Gauge Rings
    ETC ...........

Default Trany and Engine Oils

After wasting several hours building a set of ramps (see below for details) I finally managed to do an oil & filter change, replaced 9 liters of mahogany brown transmission fluid with fresh M1-3309, cleaned the air box, and used compressed air and a shop vacuum to clean each and every pleat of the air filter (waiting for new filter and pollen filter from IPD.) The car runs great and shifts smoothly, as it should.

I built four (4) ramps, one for each wheel, thinking I could drive an AWD vehicle onto these blocks. I used clear 2X10 pine boards (broke my heart to use such nice wood, but it was available and it was free) and cut them into 16/18/20 & 22 inch lengths. I then nipped a 45 degree bevel off the leading edge of each, and screwed them together. Finally, I screwed a 2X2 block across the back edge of each ramp as a wheel stop.

I put one ramp under the front edge of each tire and tried (better to have tried and failed than not to have tried at all) to drive up on to the ramps. NOT! Frustrated but not about to give up, I remove the 'ramps' from the rear wheels and was able to easily drive the front end up the ramps to allow sufficient clearance to remove the belly pan and proceed with the fluid changes.

In hind sight, the ramps are too steep for all four wheels. I need to cut four 3-foot lengths of plank to decrease the angle & get all four wheels on blocks.
    Or I could have gone to CT and purchased steels ramps.

Cheers
    Jules

Installed window tint on the XM Commander MY display/controller to reduce glare from the display.

KO Tires installed my new WR G2 235 R60/16 XL's that I purchased from the Tire Factory. Bring on the snow!

Paired new Droid with XC's bluetooth.

put in an IMIV Light Edition (no video or aux in jack) in my 2005 XC70 yesterday. Took only about 20 minutes to install second in chain with the sat radio. I love having the iPod connected directly (no awful FM transmitter here!) Sounds great. I might even cancel my sat subscription now that the ipod works so well.

2012 Ford Fusion 2004 V70XC 01 V70XC -M66 1998 C70 T5-M66

Replaced rear wiper motor
    Replaced wastegate solenoid (D5) good results
    Replaced rear brake light bulb (most difficult job of the 3!!!)

Just got done fixing a leaky power steering line and adding new power steering fluid. Old hose clamp had seen better days! Fluid looks like it hasn't been changed forever... looks like power steering flush is now on the agenda!