Engine mounts (right, upper, rear, and lower torque mount). Polyurethane subframe bushing inserts. Right front axle. New spark plugs (Volvo) and MAF (Bosch). Removed and cleaned throttle body (ETM). New cabin air filter. Oil change.

Drives like new.
    Current Fleet:
    2016 Tundra Crewmax 4WD 1794
    2005 MB S600 (126K, Michelin AS4, HPL 0W40)
    2005 MB SL600 (55K Michelin AS4, Mobil 1 0W40)
    2004 V70R (143K, six speed M66, HPL 5W40)
    2004 XC90 (235K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-XC (295K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-T5 (225K, IPD bars, Bilsteins)
    2001 V70-T5 (125K, IPD downpipe, cat back and other mods)
    1932 Packard Sedan (straight 8, dual sidemounts, original paint and interior, Shell Rotella 15W40)

Astro14, is your right front axle making any funny noises? I just had mine replaced on my 02 which has almost exactly the same amount of miles as yours but my new right front axle make unnerving popping and clicking noises.
    2002 v70 xc White/Tobacco
    Touring Package, Cold Weather Package, Intro-Premium Package, Audio Max
    180k+ on ORIGINAL Autotragic GirlTronic

Quote Originally Posted by Astro14 View Post
    Engine mounts (right, upper, rear, and lower torque mount). Polyurethane subframe bushing inserts. Right front axle. New spark plugs (Volvo) and MAF (Bosch). Removed and cleaned throttle body (ETM). New cabin air filter. Oil change.

Drives like new.
    Did you take much apart to get the ETM out? Was it a chore? I want to clean mine at some point, but looked at it's placement and sighed. (4) blind fasteners on the unit itself that will be tricky to get to. VIDA instructions make it out to seem much easier than I think it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ars Gladius View Post
    Did you take much apart to get the ETM out? Was it a chore? I want to clean mine at some point, but looked at it's placement and sighed. (4) blind fasteners on the unit itself that will be tricky to get to. VIDA instructions make it out to seem much easier than I think it looks.
    Take the fan shround out (2 bolts, 2 wire harness clips). Gives you so much room that everything is easy after that. Only 20Nm on the bolts so you can get in there with a small wrench and and extender bar. Remember to purchase a replacement throttle body gasket.

I had the windshield replaced after being hit with either a very large stone or wheel nut from the other side of the LIE on Long Island, NY while driving back from a day golfing.

It hit one inch from the top of the screen near the rain sensor. A very large bullet hole and three cracks, two too the top edge and one straight down 4 inches and a left turn for 9/10 inches.

Not a happy chap!

Quote Originally Posted by Ars Gladius View Post
    Access is the key. I was doing spark plugs, so I removed the over-engine pipe, then removed the intercooler - ETM pipe. Hardest part was the ETM plug...clips were old and it didn't want to let go...I broke one, of course. You'll need a new Volvo gasket (thin metal, crushes when torqued, like a head gasket, only really thin, and low torque). The 4 bolts are really simple, 10mm, not much torque, maybe 7-8 lbft, so a 1/4" ratchet is plenty, and you can swing it in the confined space. It was quite dirty, as you would expect with 173K on the car. The fan shroud would make it really simple...
    Current Fleet:
    2016 Tundra Crewmax 4WD 1794
    2005 MB S600 (126K, Michelin AS4, HPL 0W40)
    2005 MB SL600 (55K Michelin AS4, Mobil 1 0W40)
    2004 V70R (143K, six speed M66, HPL 5W40)
    2004 XC90 (235K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-XC (295K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-T5 (225K, IPD bars, Bilsteins)
    2001 V70-T5 (125K, IPD downpipe, cat back and other mods)
    1932 Packard Sedan (straight 8, dual sidemounts, original paint and interior, Shell Rotella 15W40)

Quote Originally Posted by Astro14 View Post
    Access is the key. I was doing spark plugs, so I removed the over-engine pipe, then removed the intercooler - ETM pipe. Hardest part was the ETM plug...clips were old and it didn't want to let go...I broke one, of course. You'll need a new Volvo gasket (thin metal, crushes when torqued, like a head gasket, only really thin, and low torque). The 4 bolts are really simple, 10mm, not much torque, maybe 7-8 lbft, so a 1/4" ratchet is plenty, and you can swing it in the confined space. It was quite dirty, as you would expect with 173K on the car. The fan shroud would make it really simple...
    Thanks for the after action report. I got the gasket last fall and it has been sitting around waiting for me to attempt the work. I'll probably do the plugs/coils at the same time as well once they arrive.

But I also have an FL wheel ABS fault (likely tone ring), that came up after the brake job, to do asap; as well as a minor turned into major EVAP system leak before my emissions test in two months and the cabin air quality sensor is also throwing a code at the moment. sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger XC View Post
    Astro14, is your right front axle making any funny noises? I just had mine replaced on my 02 which has almost exactly the same amount of miles as yours but my new right front axle make unnerving popping and clicking noises.
    Both my front half shafts used to clack going into gear, probably not the same problem. But I had Volvo put their axle paste stuff in there last September and it helped A LOT. Except for a bit of clacking like 2 weeks ago going into reverse. That lasted one day though.
    My main issue now is the groaning and creaking I get in the front subframe when I go from full lock back to center at low speeds. But no more CPO means I ain't touchin that unless the wheels fall off or a tie rod breaks and runs me into a pole. Either way it equates to a new car so I'm whatever! Lol
    2010 Fusion Sport | Tint 70/20 | LED Lighting | OE Aluminum Pedals | Steeda Strut Tie Bar | Intake Resonator Delete | Steeda Rear Sway Bar | ...
    2014 Expedition | 4x4 | Limited | Loaded | Stock
    2015 S60 T6 AWD R-Design Platinum w/ Polestar | Stock for now...

On my 2004, I replaced a worn steering wheel, and replaced the rear wiper motor with one pulled from a 2001. Had to use the wiper arm from the 2001, because it now wipes left to right.

Quote Originally Posted by cdnbluez View Post
    On my 2004, I replaced a worn steering wheel, and replaced the rear wiper motor with one pulled from a 2001. Had to use the wiper arm from the 2001, because it now wipes left to right.
    +1 for uniqueness lol
    2010 Fusion Sport | Tint 70/20 | LED Lighting | OE Aluminum Pedals | Steeda Strut Tie Bar | Intake Resonator Delete | Steeda Rear Sway Bar | ...
    2014 Expedition | 4x4 | Limited | Loaded | Stock
    2015 S60 T6 AWD R-Design Platinum w/ Polestar | Stock for now...