Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by ifnt420 View Post
    Art,

Quick question for you on the PGW glass. Since I just cracked my windshield last week I'm in process of searching for a replacement.
    I've gotten quotes for windshield for rain sensors equipped cars ranging from $150 to $300. And OEM for $700.
    Most of them do not have any stamping on the lower left corner like the VOLVO OEM windshield.
    Does your PGW have any?
    Also do you notice any difference in the rain sensor operation?

Thanks!!
    Hey Ben,

PGW glass is not OE glass but after reading previous threads relating to the rain sensor feature, I opted for PGW (formerly PPG Glass) which appears to work with the factory rain sensor. The installer felt that most rain sensors fail due to the likelihood of improper adhesion between the sensor’s gel pad and the glass surface. Removing the original sensor assembly and transferring it to the new windshield does not guarantee that it will function for this very reason as any trapped air bubbles, dirt and/or fingerprints on the gel pad can affect the sensors ability to function properly. Since the gel pad is pre-adhered to the new sensor there was no second guessing. The rain sensor works fine.

Traveled up to Minneapolis for sons graduation then over to Oregon WI (S of Madison). Loaded up merchandise from the many wineries and breweries, enjoyed good food and drink with good friends then headed home. About 950 miles in 4 days. Loaded up and sprinting down the freeway it makes a wonderful grand tourer.

Thanks Art!
    I just got the windshield replaced with Saint-Gobain sekurit replacement. Doesn't have the VOLVO logo but everything else is exactly the same including SRS and SIPS marking.
    Also its E17 from Finland, at half the price of OEM too! Couldn't be happier!
    2002 V70XC w/volvoXC.com stickers! MTE Stage 3+

4 more hrs maybe another full saturday 8-10hrs and I will be done !

Then its on to modding lol
    2012 Ford Fusion 2004 V70XC 01 V70XC -M66 1998 C70 T5-M66

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaMike View Post
    Traveled up to Minneapolis for sons graduation then over to Oregon WI (S of Madison). Loaded up merchandise from the many wineries and breweries, enjoyed good food and drink with good friends then headed home. About 950 miles in 4 days. Loaded up and sprinting down the freeway it makes a wonderful grand tourer.
    I very much agree with this sentiment. Driving from LA to the Bay Area is very nice and easy in this car cruising at 80.
    2010 Fusion Sport | Tint 70/20 | LED Lighting | OE Aluminum Pedals | Steeda Strut Tie Bar | Intake Resonator Delete | Steeda Rear Sway Bar | ...
    2014 Expedition | 4x4 | Limited | Loaded | Stock
    2015 S60 T6 AWD R-Design Platinum w/ Polestar | Stock for now...

I have a set of 17" Pegasus wheels and an OBX cat back exhaust to install this weekend. Next up is an ECU tune, and maybe some suspension upgrades. I pretty much have replaced almost all the parts on the car, so time to mod!

Default Interior swapping

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0069.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	5196Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0060.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	5197Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1160486.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	5193Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1160490.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	5194Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1160491.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	5195Let me start off by saying I bought Justin's xc from a guy in Utah and when I got it from him he had swapped the 17 pegs and gobi seats from his R wagon onto Justin's car. I have been looking for a charcoal interior and the wrecking yard just go a T5 with charcoal so I swapped it all in and took out the tan interior. Awhile back surfing on c-list I found a set of 18 pegs with new tires and ipd caps in Illinois and had the guy ship them to me and mounted those so here are some pics. I put the 17 pegs on one of my 98xc

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1160492.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	5198Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1160494.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	5199Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1160495.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	5200Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0066.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	5201Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0075.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	5202A couple more, I like the charcoal much better and my son likes the table/cup holder in the back. Now that it's all in I wish I would have got the headliner as well it was light grey. I still need to do the A pillars, but I think I will spray those with SEM in graphite. It is actually a pretty close match as I just sprayed the center console and it looks great.
    Last edited by flyn-hawn; 06-06-2013 at 04:02 PM.

Installed a Grom Bluetooth/USB/iPod module. Did an oil change and pollen filter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean Racer View Post
    Forever Black is like a shoe polish we used to wipe on our army boots to keep them black. Bumper trims are plastic/vinyl and not leather.

The new SEM paint is an aerosol which is sprayed onto the bumper - keeping in mind you do have to mask the bumper area. I found this quite easy as you can slide paper behind most of the trims anyway. Seriously, the end result is a perfect black bumper that looks like its just come out of the showroom and it lasts!
    Going over old posts and found this. I have found, actually my father in law whom is a custom car painter told me, the best process for applying the SEM line of paint is as follows.
    1. Wash and degrease areas to be sprayed. I use purple power, or a degreaser from smart and final $3.99 a gallon, sprayed on full strength, wash/scrub then rinse well. You might want to use rubber gloves
    2. Wipe down with wax and grease remover with lint free cloth
    3. Mask area
    4. Spray a light coat with Adhesion/Tie Promoter let dry for 5-10 minutes. You can pick up at local auto body shop about $10 a can, 1 can is plenty
    5. Spray SEM in light coats, 3 coats is usually good
    Cleaning/Degreasing is key along with the adhesion promoter which is like a spray glue that actually tacks up and the paint sticks like nobody's business.