Quote Originally Posted by Volvoholic View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, that would be the silver surround from a V70R (or it's just painted silver) with some aluminum mesh adhered behind it. My grille is similar except I was too lazy to recreate the lip he has.
    Sorry, I've been away. Hand made the grill myself, cut out the old grill patched with bond and took it to a body shop for fine tuning and painting. I used small allen head bolts to hold the grill (painted rain gutter screen) to the frame. Pictures of the build are here: http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showth...ghlight=grille
    07 XC - Ruby Red/Taupe/Touring, Climate & Prem. pkgs

Quote Originally Posted by Volvoholic View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, that would be the silver surround from a V70R (or it's just painted silver) with some aluminum mesh adhered behind it. My grille is similar except I was too lazy to recreate the lip he has.
    Sorry, I've been away. Hand-made the grill myself, cut out the old grill patched with bondo and took it to a body shop to fix my amateurish repairs after grinding off the chrome and for fine tuning and painting. I used small allen head bolts to hold the grill (painted rain gutter screen) to the frame. Pictures of the build are here: http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showth...ghlight=grille
    Last edited by edwa; 02-22-2013 at 01:10 PM.
    07 XC - Ruby Red/Taupe/Touring, Climate & Prem. pkgs

Changed the oil (M1 0W30), changed the driver's side headlight, and refilled the washer reservoir this afternoon. I was glad to finally have a dry day to change the oil, I've been wanting to switch over to synthetic since I got the car.

The headlight wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be thanks to a writeup on here with a great tip on removing the airbox.

I also took some time looking around under the car when it was up on the ramps, everything looks nice and clean (and dry!).

I enjoyed working on the car, I felt like we were bonding, haha. And as much as I always tell people I'm tired of working on cars, I just can't bring myself to pay someone to do it when I know I can. A friend of mine just paid 60 bucks for a syn oil change for his Kia Optima (turbo). Mine cost me about $35 total including filter.

And I saw when researching the headlight that some people here were charged 70 bucks or more for a headlight change. Give me a break....it only took me about 15 minutes.
    Last edited by StuntmanMike; 02-23-2013 at 06:36 PM.
    Silver '07 Adventure Series

Changed the oil yesterday (M1 10W30) and added the iPd poly strut torque bushings. What a difference the bushing make to how responsive the steering feel is, very much worth the 35 bucks!

On a side note i parked my car downtown for a bit this morning and had breakfast across the street, had my eyes on it like a hawk because i was in an hour long parking spot and knew i was going to be a bit longer then that. Left breakfast and say a yellow paper on the car, thought it was a ticket. Got up to the car and it was a note that a man left saying how nice the car was and that if i wanted to sell in the future to give him a call! Thought that was pretty cool!

2006 XC70 Ocean Race
    Additions: 20% Window Tint, Osram Night Breaker headlights and fogs, USA Spec Adapter

Quote Originally Posted by shinola View Post
    On a side note i parked my car downtown for a bit this morning and had breakfast across the street, had my eyes on it like a hawk because i was in an hour long parking spot and knew i was going to be a bit longer then that. Left breakfast and say a yellow paper on the car, thought it was a ticket. Got up to the car and it was a note that a man left saying how nice the car was and that if i wanted to sell in the future to give him a call! Thought that was pretty cool!
    That's pretty awesome! I get all the thumbs up and compliments when I take my Fusion Sport out. Haven't gotten anything on the Volvo yet but nobody in L.A. is nice enough to compliment anything less than a chrome vinyl wrapped Fisker Karma, a chrome vinyl wrapped CLS AMG, or a gold vinyl wrapped V6 Mustang (worst vinyl wrap job I've ever seen on a street too).
    2010 Fusion Sport | Tint 70/20 | LED Lighting | OE Aluminum Pedals | Steeda Strut Tie Bar | Intake Resonator Delete | Steeda Rear Sway Bar | ...
    2014 Expedition | 4x4 | Limited | Loaded | Stock
    2015 S60 T6 AWD R-Design Platinum w/ Polestar | Stock for now...

75K mile service (w/ tire rotation), tightened the chassis mounts up front, installed the new alarm siren to kill that pesky dash light, and a complimentary car wash! Thing drives good as new.
    It was lucky the service didn't take much longer (along with the fact that I couldn't find the salesman I wanted to) because there was this really nice black on black 2010 V70 R-Design w/ 35K mi., tinted windows, and a CPO warranty until May 29, 2017 for $29,900 that I was going to talk my way into lol
    2010 Fusion Sport | Tint 70/20 | LED Lighting | OE Aluminum Pedals | Steeda Strut Tie Bar | Intake Resonator Delete | Steeda Rear Sway Bar | ...
    2014 Expedition | 4x4 | Limited | Loaded | Stock
    2015 S60 T6 AWD R-Design Platinum w/ Polestar | Stock for now...

I replaced my front brakes- discs and pads. And since the discs, from the looks of them, were more than likely the originals at 248K miles it was quite a chore. I had to beat them with a rubber mallet to brake them loose from the hubs. Same with the fasteners.....
    2002 V70XC 260k+ miles

wow, i am impressed - 248Kmiles?? I should ask you for the secret of that high mileage, so I can do the same thing for my daughters 2002 V70xc , we bought it in October with 81K miles on, she puts a lot of miles on commuting. I assume you are doing a lot of preventative maintenance??

Quote Originally Posted by knitterbetty View Post
    wow, i am impressed - 248Kmiles?? I should ask you for the secret of that high mileage, so I can do the same thing for my daughters 2002 V70xc , we bought it in October with 81K miles on, she puts a lot of miles on commuting. I assume you are doing a lot of preventative maintenance??
    I've had it for only 5 months and have put 10k miles on it in that time. I do have all the service records and it was maintained according to the manual. A new transmission was put in at 190k. Since I have had it I've installed either myself or at the dealer:

1. New timing belt.
    2. New alternator.
    3. New battery.
    4. New brakes.
    5. New idler pulley.
    6. New cam seals.
    7. IPD turbo intake hose.
    8. New air filter.

Also regular oil changes, which I am a firm believer in for all my vehicles. I'll be doing some suspension work in the near future.
    2002 V70XC 260k+ miles

..thanks!