Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Location of IAT sensor (part 30665118)??

Can anybody tell me where exactly to locate the interior air temp sensor part #30665118??

Have aircon woes and want to swap this sensor for a new one but a look under the dash on both sides leaves me none the wiser.

Car is an early 2001 RHD XC70.

Thanks

The sensor is located behind tree small slits in the center console, near the temperature setting knob for the passenger side.
    Immediately behind the slits is a small fan, the sensor is behind the fan. The issue has been the subject of many posts such as this one:
    http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showth...t=interior+air
    Replacing the sensor is often not the solution, a clogged fan is the first thing to check (and cure).
    Willy
    144 GL (1974)--->244 GL (1982)--->940 GLE 2.3i (1992)--->XC70 2.5T (2004)--->XC90 T5 (2018)

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Hmmm…Willy's suggestion regarding the CCM sensor sounds logical. However, that part number points toward the temperature sensor located near the evaporator. The sensor monitors the air temp coming from the evaporator. If the temp is too low, the compressor shuts down to prevent ice from forming on the evaporator.

Default Thanks

Art, many thanks. Just what I was after.

Default More trouble...

Reviewed the diagram and went looking again. Being RHD my car has the airbox (filter & fan) around the other way but all the plumbing looks the same as the LHD diagram. Couldn't find the sensor though...

Has anyone replaced one of these before? Is it a simple job? Can it be accessed from under the dash or is a major disassemble required? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I stupidly had the sunroof open (tilted up) when I disconnected the battery to go looking under the dash. And now it's totally unresponsive (stuck open). Any one know how to reset it?

EDIT: locking and unlocking the drivers door with the key 3 times reset the sunroof. Phew. :-)
    Last edited by Andrew_72; 09-12-2009 at 09:20 PM.

I just assumed it was about the sensor in the center console without checking the part number, sorry for that
    Willy
    Last edited by Willy; 09-13-2009 at 11:54 AM.
    144 GL (1974)--->244 GL (1982)--->940 GLE 2.3i (1992)--->XC70 2.5T (2004)--->XC90 T5 (2018)

Willy: no worries. Appreciate the reply anyhow.

Exclamation bump...

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_72 View Post
    Reviewed the diagram and went looking again. Being RHD my car has the airbox (filter & fan) around the other way but all the plumbing looks the same as the LHD diagram. Couldn't find the sensor though...

Has anyone replaced one of these before? Is it a simple job? Can it be accessed from under the dash or is a major disassemble required? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Just wanted to bump this one up again to see if anyone can give some pointers as to the exact location of the evaporator temperature sensor...

The diagram Art kindly provided was good but the location it gives could be interpreted a couple of different ways -- top of airbox, side of airbox ??
    2001 Cross Country SE
    140,000 kms

"Write a clever saying and your name will live forever"

Anon.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_72 View Post
    Just wanted to bump this one up again to see if anyone can give some pointers as to the exact location of the evaporator temperature sensor...

The diagram Art kindly provided was good but the location it gives could be interpreted a couple of different ways -- top of airbox, side of airbox ??
    Hi Andrew, did you manage to locate the evap temp sensor on a RHD V70? I'm in need of replacing mine but can't locate it either in the driver or passenger footwells. I'm just hoping it isn't a dashboard out job ?

Hi Tim,

Embarrassed to admit it, but the sensor is still sitting on my desk waiting for me to have another go at finding where it should go...

Looking at the diagram again I suspect it's on the same side as where the tubes from the AC pump enter but seems to be obscured. Will have to try again sometime soon. Let me know if you have any luck!
    2001 Cross Country SE
    140,000 kms

"Write a clever saying and your name will live forever"

Anon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast