Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Imported post

I had my driver door locks replaced last week at the dealership.  Now there is a buzzing rattle with bass coming from the door.  It sounds like it is coming from around the switch panel itself.  I took it back. The tech said don't play the bass too loud.  Does anyone know how to remove the panel?

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Default Imported post

Welcome to the site Quietlymk_nnoise!

Here's a quick link to instructions on the door panel removal.

Let us know how you make out.

Default SwedeSpeed Link Doesn't work

Any other suggestions for how to remove rear door panels? Link did not work.

thanks

rich kestner
    '02 V70XC, white, can be seen in Volvo OSD DVD

Here is an "internal" link, courtesy...Art
    http://www.volvoxc.com/resources/how...el_removal.pdf
    Willy
    144 GL (1974)--->244 GL (1982)--->940 GLE 2.3i (1992)--->XC70 2.5T (2004)--->XC90 T5 (2018)

Thanks Willy.

...and here are some photos revealing a few more details of the door panel.

http://volvoxc.com/volvo_photo_galle....php?album=106

I have a similar noise in my drivers side door. When I test drove my car before purchase I opened the drivers door with my elbow and noticed that I had this problem http://www.volvoxc.com/resources/how...anel_loose.pdf . I got them to fix it before purchase. They seemed to glue it just like in the pdf although I then had a rattle like you are describing, in the window button panel. I have this rattle sound when the road is a little bit rough as opposed to the radio volume causing it. So it must be a common problem if they fiddle with the door a bit. You thread has inspired me to fix it this weekend so if I find out anything valuable I will let you know.

P.s. I don't use my elbow any more to open the door, I always use the handle.

Well, thanks to Art's pics I could get the panel off with ease. Although I didn't find anything in relation to my rattle. I was able to get the window button module off the back (with a lot of perseverence ). This module has six plastic clips as follows:

1 2 3
    - - -

- - -
    4 5 6

There may be a better way to get it off the door panel, and I hope I'm not teaching anyone to suck eggs, but this is what I did. If 5 is the centre clip facing out to you, then you can unsecure all the clips except clip number 2 with a standard screwdriver or plastic flat tool. The trick is the number 2 clip because you cannot get between the module and the back of the panel to unclick it. You can ease the module off the housing a bit with all the other clips off and create a gap between the module and the housing you are removing it from. Then you get a thin sturdy metal rod (or skewer from the kitchen) and put it through the gap from clip number 5 through to the other side of the module to the back of clip number 2 to unclip it from behind. Once this is done the module will continue to slide out, hooray.

Once it is off you can pop the top of it off and open up the base part too. The problem I found then was that there is nothing that could rattle that I could see. I stopped short of unscrewing the IC boards from the inside of the module because I was too chicken but rattling the module in my hand created no sound. Sorry I don't have anything valuable to report.

Cheers!

Great persistence there wvanyek. I made it as far as removing the door panel and then gazing at the module in bewilderment.

Actually, Willy was kind enough to submit instructions with respect to removing the DDM in this thread.

I’ve had my fair share of buzzing, ticks, creaks and moans and have dealt with a few around the dash and trim by using Teflon tape but they’ve still managed to taunt me.

Thanks Art, I think I did it back to front . I continue to learn that I should do a thorough search in the forums beforing attemping something as the wealth of knowledge in here is amazing and things have generally been done before.

I am new to my 2002 Volvo v70 xc. I have to replace side mirror and do not know how to remove door panel. Not sure how ro removed grab handle on passanger side door to access the screws
    aenoff
    any help would be appreciated.
    [email protected]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast