Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question FAQ's - GOT QUESTIONS? SEARCH HERE FIRST BEFORE POSTING!

There is a genuine need for a 2003+ XC90 FAQ thread , from what tires to get, questions about vehicle functions, transmissions, what to change, ETM, and alike. We'll strive to have the best answers possible based on the information we know at the time. Try not to take this FAQ as the end-all-be-all but a work in progress. Some of our answers will not be perfect, but if you come across anything that can help us build a better FAQ, please post it in here!

This FAQ is for all questions relating to the 2003+ Volvo XC90 only. Post the question AND the answer. DON'T ASK QUESTIONS IN THIS THREAD WITHOUT THE ANSWER. I will move it out into the general forum. I will also have non FAQ discussions/SPAM moved/deleted - so please stick to the topic - post the question and the answer OR the forum posting that answers it.

To add a FAQ entry: Post the question in the subject line and answer it below with references and forum links if possible.

Default Tire size/type and V8 mileage

I wanted to share this observation. I hope FAQ is the appropriate place.

After 12 months and 15,000 miles I have noticed a 2-3 mpg improved highway mileage with standard size winter tires compared to wider summer tires.
    Winter tires: Nokian Hakkapeliitta R SUV 235/60R18 XL 107 R on stock "Camulus" 7x18 wheels.
    Summer tires: Michelin Latitude Tour HP 255/50 R19 107 V on Volvo "Alastor" 8x19 wheels.

My prior experience with other vehicles was poorer mileage with winter tires and winter driving in general.
    Steven
    2007 XC90 V8
    1998 V70XC
    1992 245

all terrian tires like all terrian not all season i want some all terrian tires for my xc90 any suggestions

Looking for feedback/threads relating to '04 T5 XC90 and clogged oil traps/PCV/Flame trap/breather box...etc.., I have oil leaking, shop thought it was coming from multiple places, turbo, head gasket, cam seals,,,,,I think they do not know the common (apparently) problem with clogged PCV systems. Any threads you could point me to? Approximate repair cost? Is this cause by wrong oil type? Synthetic versus semi-synthetic versus non-synthetic? Was told long ago if you put synthetic in, you have to stay with synthetic? True? Or is this entire PCV clog common regardless?? Why is this not standard maintenance item?

Default PCV/Clog/Oil trap clog

Looking for feedback/threads relating to '04 T5 XC90 and clogged oil traps/PCV/Flame trap/breather box...etc.., I have oil leaking, shop thought it was coming from multiple places, turbo, head gasket, cam seals,,,,,I think they do not know the common (apparently) problem with clogged PCV systems. Any threads you could point me to? Approximate repair cost? Is this cause by wrong oil type? Synthetic versus semi-synthetic versus non-synthetic? Was told long ago if you put synthetic in, you have to stay with synthetic? True? Or is this entire PCV clog common regardless?? Why is this not standard maintenance item?

I can't get my rear hatch to open on my 2004 xc90. Outside handle feels like it's not hooked up. Is there a release on the inside?

My wife and I had the same problem. We solved it by pushing the latch handle in the opposite direction first and then opening the hatch as if nothing had happened...I hope this helps.

Curious about the recalls, and I replaced the CEM board and now my car needs reprogramming, what would I need in order to do this DIY, also if my 04 XC90 had recalls back when, am I still able to get the work done for free..

I have a 2004 Volvo XC 70 with 157,249 miles on it. All maintenance has been completed on schedule. I developed an oil leak that i found this morning. I took off the skid guard this morning and the leak is not coming from the oil filter or the plug. The leak is centered over the joint next to the passenger side front wheel. I can't locate any tubing that is leaking around it. There is also some green fluid mixed in with this? Any ideas on what this is or how i can fix it?

Regarding CEM programming, do you still have the old CEM? Contact Xemodex (wee.xemodex.con) and ask about porting the software.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast