Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Imported post

Not sure if you guys have visited the volvoxc.com homepage lately as it's my guess most of you have the forums bookmarked and come straight here, but I've added a complete feature section where I've compiled all the news, changes and photos, in addition to summarizing the key changes with some of my poorly written commentary.

Let me know what you think or if I've missed anything
    01 V70XC/Silver/Graphite/Touring & Versatility Packs/No Mods
    Servoweb Technologies developers of web stuff...
    Paddle Surf Canada
    CanSkier.com Skier Community

Canada: Calgary Alberta - Panorama Mountain BC - Pender Island BC

Default Imported post

Very nice summary, Taylor. I was getting a bit confused with the detailed lists already posted - this puts everything into perspective. We will stick with our soon-to-be-delivered '04 as I actually prefer the aesthetics of the current dashboard.
    '04 XC70 Canadian Premium and Sport packages, Black (425,000 kms)
    '06 XC70 Ocean Race Model, IPD to 240 hp, 18" rims, Deep Blue
    Other rigs: '06 Toyota Avalon, '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee, '23 BMW330e (Plug-In-Hybrid)

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Default Imported post

Well done Taylor!

I particularly commend you on the way you incorporated the side-by-side shots. It was nice to see some of the styling cues of the ACC2 show up on the new XC70. I also see that you picked up on the similarities of the two wheel models.

Again, great work!

Default Imported post

Thanks for the comments guys, hopefully it wasn't a completely dry read for ya... I'm not exactly known for my writing skills.

And forgot to mention thanks to First With XC News for providing the photos and a lot of the information I based this on.

Cheers!

Taylor.
    01 V70XC/Silver/Graphite/Touring & Versatility Packs/No Mods
    Servoweb Technologies developers of web stuff...
    Paddle Surf Canada
    CanSkier.com Skier Community

Thumbs up Imported post

Nicely done Taylor For once it appears we had our own exclusive access to the new models rather than "stealing" images etc from someone else. Long may it continue

I know it has been a while since someone last asked and from what I can see you have been working very hard on the site, but could I push you for an update on the possible change over to VB3.

OK point taken, I shouldn't have asked.

Default Imported post

I'd like to also add my thanks for your summary. When I first saw the list of changes in a font that was too small for aging eyes I pretty much stopped reading. But, you've broken it down quite nicely and kept my attention through out.

At hearing the initial speculations on how much the exterior shape was going to change I was a little saddened that my just acquired (March) XC was already going to look out of date. You know, like how you felt a month after buying your screaming fast computer when they came out with an even faster screamer.

Aaahhhh THE NEED FOR SPEED.

On an amusing note, I had to chuckle at the front bumper guard. The post I did with the Photoshop photo was on the right track! Still haven't had any time to start the project.

Ed
    07 XC - Ruby Red/Taupe/Touring, Climate & Prem. pkgs

Default Imported post

Nicely done, especially the comparison with the ECC

Default Imported post

Thanks for the well organized data and pics ! I like you love my generation '04 XC, so by the time they come out with the next one maybe it will be time for another wonderful trip to Sweden
    cheers
      Ruby
    '04 Ruby, sand, prem pkg, tour pkg, xenon, DST, xenia wheels, OSD

Default Imported post

Taylor - nice job and a good detailed summary of all the new things. Great article - thanks.

I have one or two things to ask about and wonder if anyone has answers to:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">&quot;The water repellent function has been created through special treatment of the glass. On the side windows, the treatment must be renewed after about three years and then every year after that in order to ensure full effect. The door mirrors do not need to be re-treated since they are not as exposed to wear and tear.&quot;[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

What&#39;s the cost of renewing the water repellent function ?
    What are the side affects of not renewing the water repellent feature ? What is considered to be &quot;wear and tear&quot; ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">&quot;The technology behind BLIS
    A digital camera is installed on each door mirror and it takes 25 pictures each second. By comparing the pictures taken, the system can register when a vehicle is moving within the BLIS zone, which measures 9.5 metres long by 3 metres wide on either side of the car.

The system is programmed to identify cars as well as motorcycles, in daylight as well as at night. It is also configured not to react to parked cars, road barriers, lampposts and other static objects.

The system is active at all speeds above 10 km/h. It reacts to vehicles that are driven a maximum of 20 km/h slower and a maximum of 70 km/h faster than the car itself. BLIS can be switched off via a button in the centre console.&quot;[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Can this system also detect a car/motorcycle in the &#39;blind spot&#39; that matches the speed of one&#39;s XC70 ? The quote explicitly says the car in the blind spot must be seen to move relative to one&#39;s XC70&#39;s speed, right ?

This new system sounds intriguing and I&#39;ll wait in anticipation to read reports on how well this system works and whether it does indeed meet the goals stated by Volvo. Has this system been in use elsewhere in the world by Volvo prior to releasing it here ?

My concern over the new Passenger Airbag Cut-Off Switch is that it probably should have a warning display momentarily issued to Driver when car is started if the bag is de-activated -- much like the seat belt warning is issued. Leaving the front passenger-side airbag de-activated when an adult rather than a child is located in the front passenger seat could prove to be fatal.

Taylor -- you didn&#39;t mention the new HU-850 radio unit and all of its rumored features such as 6-CD changer, Satellite radio, MP3 awareness, memory buttons rather than a knob, etc.

I also wonder how the change is made to the center console that sport two cup holders with rubber grips to be a space without the cup holders.

Did you notice that the ACC2 has the rear spoiler -- Hmmmm, wonder why Volvo didn&#39;t follow thru with this as a stock/default item along with the stock/default rear skid plate.

Can anyone provide more info on what is meant by &quot;flat blade&quot; wrt to the windscreen wipers? Are they really more effective ? Do other cars employs this type wiper blade ?

&quot;New generation of Volvo seats&quot; -- all of the features mentions are most welcomed IMO -- especially the lumbar adjustment and seat height adjustment.

Great job Taylor -- thanks again.

Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Canada: Calgary Alberta - Panorama Mountain BC - Pender Island BC

Default Imported post

Barry, the water repellant function sounds a lot like Rain-X . The latter is available as a windshield spray or in a pump-spray bottle. It costs a bit more than the regular summer bug-off stuff, but it works well. The pump-spray format lasts for about 3-4 months between applications.

After application, rain just beads off the windshield (or side windows). We hardly even use our wipers as a result. Pretty amazing stuff. Come to think of it - I should buy some refills&#33;
    '04 XC70 Canadian Premium and Sport packages, Black (425,000 kms)
    '06 XC70 Ocean Race Model, IPD to 240 hp, 18" rims, Deep Blue
    Other rigs: '06 Toyota Avalon, '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee, '23 BMW330e (Plug-In-Hybrid)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast