Default Buy MY 2005 or 2006

If given the choice between a 2005 xc70 with 44000 miles and a 2006 with 55000 miles with similar specs and the exact same price, what would you choose? There are so many other considerations beyond just number of miles (like overall condition etc), but are there major upgrades to the 2006 that would make you lean to the '06. In general do you feel newer offsets the higher miles?

I am new here so I thank you a head of time for any input.

No major changes to the '06 (unless you think turn signals on the side mirrors is a big change). I believe the engine, transmission, AWD set-up, etc are identical, as is the styling. The similarity in price, mileage, etc is a wash. The difference that would be important to me is the maintenance. It sounds obvious but is probably the most important factor here. Check to see if either has a recorded service history. Also, have an experienced independent mechanic do a pre-purchase inspection and walk-away from a seller who will not let you take the car for this task. Good luck.
    '05 XC70 (family truckster)
    '11 X3 xdrive35i (Daddy's daily)
    '05 Sienna XLE Limited AWD (the road tripper)

The turn signals on the side mirrors have appear in MY07, no? Because my '06 dosen't have it.

Default Buy MY2005 or 2006

Indeed the turn signals in the sidemirrors were introduced on the P2 MY2007 only. Basically the newer the MY the better but obviously the service history + booklet is an important factor, that you should never ignore.

Good luck !

Default Is there a newer AWD system in the 06?

Can any one confirm a newer AWD system on the 2006, it seemed like I read this somewhere? But it seems like people are saying service record is top priority, then emphasis on the newer MY even though it has more miles. Am I reading this right?

The ONLY difference is 'instant traction" in all 06 AWD Volvos.
    Does it make THAT much of a difference in an XC, not really!

CONDITION and service records are your factors here