Default Catalytic Converter for XC90 2.5T?

Hi all,
    Our 2004 XC90 2.5T has ~165k miles on it and needs a new Cat.
    Since I'm finding prices ranging from $1145 (VolvoPartsWebstore.com) to $1268 & $1270 (FCPEuro & eEuroparts), I'd appreciate learning of some more affordable options that are worthwhile.
    I'm ok with an aftermarket unit, if it fits well, it's well built, catalyst works well and does not result in early CELs, or of course with an OEM cat if it can be found more affordably.
    If you've already replaced the 2.5t Cat at better price, it fits well and are having good success with it, could you share your source/brand/price/approx. mileage accrued etc.
    Thanks in advance,
    Dave

I am facing same situation, so anyone know the answer to an after market converter, seems crazy that it can cos this much given every other converter I ever replaced was a fraction of this $1200. cost?

Quote Originally Posted by FORCEDSUCCESS View Post
    I am facing same situation, so anyone know the answer to an after market converter, seems crazy that it can cos this much given every other converter I ever replaced was a fraction of this $1200. cost?
    FCPEuro had a 1 week sale recently on aftermarket Davico Catalytic Converters. I bought one for $354 during that sale, using the free shipping option. I have not yet installed it, but it looks to be nicely fabricated. Fingers are crossed...