Default Nokian WRG2 - Has anyone got any info. on these tires?

At the moment I have Michelin Synchrone 4x4 tires which came with the car when we bought it used. They are now discontinued as I will need to purchase tires soon, the Sychrone did it's best with 4.5 mm of tread.

I am looking at the Nokians WRG2 or the Michelin Latitude Tour. Since we live in Vancouver B.C. & we generally get mild winters except for the last one. Our city is not equipped to handle heavy snow fall.

Since I can get them at trade price, I just wanted to make an informed decision. Any information is greatly appreciated.

I run the Nokian WR's year round and am very pleased with handling, ride, and noise.

I believe the WR-G2 is an upgrade to the WR. Search "Nokian tires" on this site for more information and opinions.

Oz

The Search Forum tool is your friend - as is the FAQ which points out 'got a question - read me first. "

I had the Nokian WR G2's installed last early winter before my road trip back to east US. Handled deep slush and heavy rain at highway speeds really well. they are much quieter than the OEM Pirelli's. have had them on all winter here in Colorado and they have worked well. So far, this spring, they have had good traction on slushy/wet surfaces. Cannot comment on the Michelin's as i have no experience with them.
    2007 XC70 Willow Green
    I got invited to attend Harvard Medical School. Not now, but
    eventually.....A Prairie Home Companion

I have the previous generation Nokian WRX's. Vancouver's side streets were impassable last winter but I never got stuck and I had one of the few vehicles that had no problems. Use the tires all year and very pleased with their performance even in the rain.
    02 XC Black/Taupe Premium Package, Nokian WR G2 235/60-16
    2006 Yamaha FZ6 - fulfills desire for manual shifting