Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Keep up the updates...

Quote Originally Posted by EL008 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback ifnt420. I have the Dynaudio at the moment and it will cost about A$630 for the replacement grill with Dynaudio badge and the smaller Dynaudio centre speaker. The same kit for my old XC was under A$200! I was told by my dealer that I will loose both the driver and tweeter in the current set-up and they will be replaced by the one you mentioned. I will provide an update after the install in a few weeks' time.

I also hope BSR and RICA will come up with a PPC-style softloader for the new XC70/V70 T6 engine soon. RICA currently has chiptuning without the PPC(I was told they will be joing forces with SCT for an upcoming softloader soon).
    I am very interested... I hope you will take lots of pics !
    XC70 LE D5 White/Black/XC Crossed Alum with Vented Seats, PCC/Alarm, Bluetooth, Speed Sensitive Steering, Laminated Glass, Dynaudio and all sort of other things...

Pics galore at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2008xc70/

I definitely will.

Currently fixing a roof mount dvd issue where the dome lights will not come on when the doors are open or close. I need to switch on the lights using the button on the player itself every time! Anyway, I will be re-installing the centre dome light (that I removed)in the location above the rear seats tomorrow.

The screen should arrive next week, will plan install after that. Need to order the grill and smaller Dynaudio speaker first. The dealer in VIC do not stock the kit, they will need to order it in from Sydney.

Default Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by EL008 View Post
    I definitely will.

Currently fixing a roof mount dvd issue where the dome lights will not come on when the doors are open or close. I need to switch on the lights using the button on the player itself every time! Anyway, I will be re-installing the centre dome light (that I removed)in the location above the rear seats tomorrow.

The screen should arrive next week, will plan install after that. Need to order the grill and smaller Dynaudio speaker first. The dealer in VIC do not stock the kit, they will need to order it in from Sydney.
    I wonder if there will be any difference in sound ? (and a pic of the comparision in speakers would also be appreciated).
    XC70 LE D5 White/Black/XC Crossed Alum with Vented Seats, PCC/Alarm, Bluetooth, Speed Sensitive Steering, Laminated Glass, Dynaudio and all sort of other things...

Pics galore at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2008xc70/

OK, will try to take the pictures for sure. Sound quality generally depends on how you tune the settings for the centre channel. Sound sound different as I will be going from 2 speakers to one. I don't use DPLII anyway, sticking on good old stereo for my music.

Smile

Hi ifnt420,

Are you able to get the part# for the grill and speaker for me(I know yours will be LHD). I have a slight problem in getting the part in Melbourne as it is not common to replace the centre grill and speakers. Can you please confirm with your fellow XCer if I need anything else other than the grill and replacement speaker?

Quote Originally Posted by ifnt420 View Post
    This is a fellow XCer's ride, and it came with the pop up screen when purchased. From my understanding, the units are assembled in China by a Taiwanese company for VCC and VCT.
    You can either set it up to pop up upon starting the car or manually by remote.
    The install should be pretty straight forward, just make sure you purchased the speaker grill with the opening from Volvo, and a smaller replacement center channel speaker.
    I'm not sure about the interface used with Dynaaudio, as it was installed by the dealer.

Nope, it's for those without the pop up screen and wishes to add it after taking delivery of the XC. I believe its identical to the factory unit, but you can purchase it at a lower cost from a few Taiwanese company.

And yes, the speaker grill has to be changed and IIRC you will need to switch the original 6" speaker for a smaller 2"x4" speaker.

Its just the screen that we are referring to. You can add any NAV system you want to once you have the screen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12