Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Style Pop-Up Screen

Hi Guys,

I no longer drive an XC70 and I now drive a V70T6.

Just to let you know that I have managed to source a screen direct from Necvox, Taiwan, it is similar to the Gryphon screen(including remote to pop up/down screen) with the exception of the following details:

1. Price: US$250(excluding shipping) with no minimum order MOQ
    2. No reverse park guidelines
    3. The sample shipped to me will have its beeper/buzzer removed
    4. Pop-down delay can be re-programmed from 10 secs(default) to 15 secs if MOQ of 20 units ordered.

They supply screens for V70 <2007 and S80/V70/XC70 >2008.

Contact person is Tim Chang.

I paid US$289 including shipment to Australia.

Pics?

This is what it should look like. I believe it has the same screen as the XC90/S60/ V70/XC70 P2 platform models but with a different, newer and more squarish casing.

Sorry if I'm confused still, but this screen is used where and how?

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
    Sorry if I'm confused still, but this screen is used where and how?
    For NAV, back up camera, DTV... etc
    Pops up from top center of dashboard.

2002 V70XC w/volvoXC.com stickers! MTE Stage 3+

Smile

Nice ride ifnt420,

Long time no hear. Impressive! Is your screen sourced locally as well and do you need a remote to pop it up?

I have yet to come across anyone on the forums that has installed these new-style screens, any tips on the install? I will be installing mine in 2-3 weeks. Planning to include just the Garmin GVN53 and a reversing camera. What interface did you use to connect to the Dynaudio Premium Sound?

So this is to replace the OEM NAV screen? Or for those without NAV who want to add one after the fact, it's cheaper / better than the OEM one? How so?

I don't understand the angle here. I assume if one's car doesn't come with NAV, then you'd have to also get a different Dynaudio grill (and possibly speaker?) to have the hole for the screen.

Default Is it just the screen?

IS it just a screen or entire NAV system?

Quote Originally Posted by EL008 View Post
    Long time no hear. Impressive! Is your screen sourced locally as well and do you need a remote to pop it up?

I have yet to come across anyone on the forums that has installed these new-style screens, any tips on the install? I will be installing mine in 2-3 weeks. Planning to include just the Garmin GVN53 and a reversing camera. What interface did you use to connect to the Dynaudio Premium Sound?
    This is a fellow XCer's ride, and it came with the pop up screen when purchased. From my understanding, the units are assembled in China by a Taiwanese company for VCC and VCT.
    You can either set it up to pop up upon starting the car or manually by remote.
    The install should be pretty straight forward, just make sure you purchased the speaker grill with the opening from Volvo, and a smaller replacement center channel speaker.
    I'm not sure about the interface used with Dynaaudio, as it was installed by the dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
    So this is to replace the OEM NAV screen? Or for those without NAV who want to add one after the fact, it's cheaper / better than the OEM one? How so?

I don't understand the angle here. I assume if one's car doesn't come with NAV, then you'd have to also get a different Dynaudio grill (and possibly speaker?) to have the hole for the screen.
    Nope, it's for those without the pop up screen and wishes to add it after taking delivery of the XC. I believe its identical to the factory unit, but you can purchase it at a lower cost from a few Taiwanese company.

And yes, the speaker grill has to be changed and IIRC you will need to switch the original 6" speaker for a smaller 2"x4" speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by kenadoo2 View Post
    IS it just a screen or entire NAV system?
    Its just the screen that we are referring to. You can add any NAV system you want to once you have the screen.
    Last edited by ifnt420; 04-21-2009 at 12:10 AM.
    2002 V70XC w/volvoXC.com stickers! MTE Stage 3+

Thanks for the feedback ifnt420. I have the Dynaudio at the moment and it will cost about A$630 for the replacement grill with Dynaudio badge and the smaller Dynaudio centre speaker. The same kit for my old XC was under A$200! I was told by my dealer that I will loose both the driver and tweeter in the current set-up and they will be replaced by the one you mentioned. I will provide an update after the install in a few weeks' time.

I also hope BSR and RICA will come up with a PPC-style softloader for the new XC70/V70 T6 engine soon. RICA currently has chiptuning without the PPC(I was told they will be joing forces with SCT for an upcoming softloader soon).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast