Thread: first and last

Default first and last

time buying/leasing a Volvo...this 2008 XC70 is the worst car i've ever had...its been in the shop with more problems (major and minor) than its been on the road, absolutly unaccepable for a $45K car....

-Driveshaft broke on the hwy doing 75 coming home from a 10 day vaction (car had 8K miles on it) 3 days in a shop up in Mass, we live on Long Island.

-popping noise coming from front suspension, after 3 days they put a "tape" on some parts, was quiet for a week, noise came back...they ended up replace the entire front suspension....1.5 wks in shop

-headrest DVD's replaced 2x, still dont work right (total 5 days in shop)

-sporatic lights come on and stay on (engine, airbags etc) 4 days in shop

-rear lift gate not locking in place 2 days in shop

there are more issues and more days in shop, but i dont feel like typing a Dicken's novel.....

This is garbage...i've owned: Audi (my current car, the volvo is the wifes) Porsche, Acura, Nissan, BMW...none have had the problems i've had with this hunk of metal.....

DO NOT BUY A VOLVO...too many other good choices out there. Very disappointed.

Bummer... Would you qualify for a lemon law replacement/refund?

I think there is something to be said for not buying in the first year of a complete redo of a vehicle.

Having said this, sorry to hear of all your troubles. Trying to decide whether I should buy one of these things in the spring of 2010. This makes me wonder.

Cheers

bad experience but to bash the brand is unnecessary, they have building quality cars for a long long time. you just got a bad one. sorry
    2008 XC70 black on black leather, roof spoiler, 2000 model year roof rack crossbars and Pirelli winter carving snow tires- more to come.

Default I agree...

You got a bad one.

All brands have them from time to time.

I am very happy with mine which has 30,000kms up with no problems...
    XC70 LE D5 White/Black/XC Crossed Alum with Vented Seats, PCC/Alarm, Bluetooth, Speed Sensitive Steering, Laminated Glass, Dynaudio and all sort of other things...

Pics galore at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2008xc70/

Default Ageed - first year production not good

And not just Volvo.

My 2004 Audi S4 blew its motor after a month - was the first V8 in the A4 series.

Volvo not immune but for the $$$ it really sux.

They don't build anything like they used to. Car-wise Europeans / Japanese still a little better.

Worst off: Let me know when you can find a day to day item not made in China - Now there is a consistent lack of "build quality"
    Last edited by Cape Cod Bound; 03-27-2009 at 04:58 PM. Reason: timing
    Cape Cod Bound
    Rides:
    2008 XC70
    2004 S4 V8 - Quattro
    Previously: 2002 XC70

I had several BMW's before I decided to go to Volvo, because it's safety and stuff.

Drove it about 10 months and gave it away. Not that there were problems, but the overall feeling, and the huuuuuge fuel consumption did not satisfy me.

Now I have a BMW 530xDA, and it's like coming back to home...