Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default detailing the xc70

I am an avid detailer, I like the clean look of my volvo's and other family cars. I notice not alot of post on what everybody uses to wax and keep there xc70 clean. I used Griot's Best of show wax on my xc.

Last edited by Au_xc70_03; 02-26-2009 at 03:22 PM.
    1988 Volvo dark red 244 DL: 200k miles w/ GL wheels, volvo volt gauge, volvo fuel ecomony gauge, and jvc cd player

2003 Volvo ash gold metalic XC70: 100k miles
    cold climate package, sand leather, memory seats, homelink, moon/sunroof, grocery rack, courtsey lights, and 40/20/40 rear seat, trailer hitch, IPD engine strut conversion and poly bushings, IPD upper engine mount and round poly bushings, 3M xpel lens covers

cool: loves the snow drifting

Great job,

I have a black XC70 and i have many tiny white spots on the hood (stone chips), is there any product or fix to these or needs to be repainted?

You might try this:
    http://drcolorchip.com/
    I ordered a kit a while ago (not for the XC, though) but haven't used it yet. It appears to be rather tedious if you have a lot of chips.

Quote Originally Posted by kamiar View Post
    Great job,

I have a black XC70 and i have many tiny white spots on the hood (stone chips), is there any product or fix to these or needs to be repainted?
    in most cases you'll have to get it repainted
    however if you were to get it repainted, you could put a clear bra on it and that would help against the rock chips.

Au_xc70_03, you wheels look really good. i myself am a auto detailer by trade now, (finally got out of the pizza delivery business of 4 years), and so far haven't got any favorites yet. the supplies i get is through a supplier in Denver, and its all really good stuff. the regular stuff i put on customers cars is a polymer based wax. the better stuff that i use is a premium carnuba wax. some other stuff i tried on my xc is called cherry wax. i don't know what is in that stuff but it is thick and smells like cherries. goes on fairly thick but leaves a nice finish. using a clay bar before the wax makes it really smooth. the big thing is using that clay bar to get rid of surface imperfections and oxidation to make it really shine and smooth.

when all else fails, meguiars makes really good products including some very good waxes. this stuff here is really good http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/produc...?T1=MEG+G12718

if yall know of any good tricks and tips, dont hold back and ill tell some of my secrets too.
    Hailing from the Majestic Rocky Mountain High
    RIP 04-08-09

Extras: Bilstein Hd's, Zimmerman Cross-Drilled Rotors, K&N Air Filter
    IPD HD TCV, Stylin Motors Silicone Hoses, Silverstars, 8000k HID Fogs
    It is illegal to get this high in other states.

Need OEM Volvo Parts?
    Call Daryl Waltrip Volvo
    (800) 689-0021
    Ask for Jamie or Don

I am the second owner of this car. The product i used on the wheels are grease lightning orange blast along with one coat of wheel wax. one secret i learned is to use blue painter's tape on the trim and mirrors while u apply the wax. I also use two wash mitts one for the top portion of the car. The second mitt is for the lower doors and trim to scrape off the dead bugs and tar off.
    here is my favorite pic. i love shiny emblems!!!!
    Last edited by Au_xc70_03; 02-26-2009 at 03:34 PM.
    1988 Volvo dark red 244 DL: 200k miles w/ GL wheels, volvo volt gauge, volvo fuel ecomony gauge, and jvc cd player

cold climate package, sand leather, memory seats, homelink, moon/sunroof, grocery rack, courtsey lights, and 40/20/40 rear seat, trailer hitch, IPD engine strut conversion and poly bushings, IPD upper engine mount and round poly bushings, 3M xpel lens covers

Quote Originally Posted by Au_xc70_03 View Post
    I am the second owner of this car. The product i used on the wheels are grease lightning orange blast along with one coat of wheel wax. one secret i learned is to use blue painter's tape on the trim and mirrors while u apply the wax. I also use two wash mitts one for the top portion of the car. The second mitt is for the lower doors and trim to scrape off the dead bugs and tar off.
    here is my favorite pic. i love shiny emblems!!!!
    I thought I was the only one who used two different mitts when washing the car! Actually I use a mitt for the metal, and a soft brush for the plastic body cladding and wheels. It's a good idea to keep them separate as the lower body gets all the grime. I wash the lower part with the brush, then empty the pail and fill with fresh water and soap. It helps to keep the dirt from the lower from being transferred as scratches to the upper.

I use Meguiar's gold class for the wash, then Clay Magic clay bar, Meguiar's NXT polish and then TechWax. Twice a year at most, but more like every 8-10 months these days.
    2007 Volvo XC70 Barents blue w/ 18" Atlantis wheels
    2009 Volkwagen CC VR6 black on black

One mitt, two buckets. Work high to low.
    There is no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people asking questions.

I am an avid detailer, I like the clean look of my volvo's and other family cars
    This must hurt your eyes then...

2002 V70XC w/volvoXC.com stickers! MTE Stage 3+

First let me stop laughing to answer ur question. I am not sure to be mad at the art or be embrassed that u can't see out the windows One item i would use on a car that is all painted up is high pressure washer then repeat till i can see the paint. Then i would wash and wax and keep the gang of preschoolers with the finger paint away from the car,

Anyone used the http://drcolorchip.com/ on a black volvo?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast