Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

You're welcome, don't overcomplicate it in your mind, it's very easy

Default 2000 XC drive shaft repair

The drive shaft on my 2000 XC with 180,000 miles, is shot. Been reading many of the posts on this forum detailing driveshaft issues and possible repairs.
    If I simply removed the driveshaft and had car run in FWD mode is there a risk to the car in doing this long term? I live in NC and we don't get much snow/ice and I have other 4x4 vehicles for those conditions.

Just wondering about the utility of replacing the drive shaft as much as I've read on the issues associated with this aspect of the car.

Car runs great otherwise .

Did you read the above?
    No!
    It will be the same as a FWD Volvo
    You will have a smoother, nicer driving wagon, get better mileage, with no more drivetrain noises, no more worrying about matching tires and no more worrying about when the AWD will break!
    Go ahead and remove it.

I have my 33,000 mile 2000 V70R and the propshaft is removed if for no other reason that I don't need AWD in this vehicle so there is no reason to abuse the system and whenever I do finally decide to sell her for a s*it load of money it will be fresh, solid and not worn out!

Besides that, it's faster and quieter

Thanks for the confirmation. I did read the string of comments but just needed to be smacked on the back of the head sure.
    I look forward to all the good attributes you note and the elimination of the other hassles associated with that drive shaft.
    Very nice looking car, by the way.

Hello,
    I am looking for a drive shaft bearing for my volvo. I have 1998 v70 xc cross country station-wagon. If you can help me find the right size bearing, I will gladly buy it from you.

These posts are from 3-4 YEARS ago
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123