Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

what year drive shaft do you have, late 99 and 00 can't be separated but all 98 and early 99 can have the bearing replaced and I have both bearings and have sold many of them,

Default I am looking for the drive shaft bearing for my volvo

Quote Originally Posted by Vtrader View Post
    I have drive shaft bearings for 98 and early 99 volvo xc70, you don't need to replace whole drive shaft if you just need to replace center bearing
    there are two types 1 inch bearing and 1 1/4 inch depending on the vin, don't pay 1000 to the dealer when in most cases all you need is just the bearing.

here is a video showing my mechanic replacing drive shaft bearing on early 98 xc70.

http://volvostrader.com/article_info.php?articles_id=19

let me know I have few of them, each cost 150 plus shipping.
    Hello,
    I am looking for a drive shaft bearing for my volvo. I have 1998 v70 xc cross country station-wagon. If you can help me find the right size bearing, I will gladly buy it from you. The vin # YV1LZ564XW2475902.
    Please reply.

Thanks in advance.

Hi:
    Do you still have a carrier bearing for a 99 Volvo XC for sale please?
    If so, I can do PayPal.
    [email protected]

Many thanks.

I just uploaded all the info on volvo xc70 drive shafts to my blog, if you need new drive shaft for your 2000 volvo xc70 I have listed place where you can buy one

http://volvopartsearch.com/blog/
    2002 c70 coupe 2.3T HPT, 2004 s80 2.5T, 2000 c70 convertible LPT
    ===================================

Ultimate volvo blog-find answer to your question

Quote Originally Posted by Vtrader View Post
    I have drive shaft bearings for 98 and early 99 volvo xc70, you don't need to replace whole drive shaft if you just need to replace center bearing
    there are two types 1 inch bearing and 1 1/4 inch depending on the vin, don't pay 1000 to the dealer when in most cases all you need is just the bearing.

here is a video showing my mechanic replacing drive shaft bearing on early 98 xc70.

http://volvostrader.com/article_info.php?articles_id=19

let me know I have few of them, each cost 150 plus shipping.

My VIN is : YV1LZ56D5X2568893
    Will the bearings be Right?.....please let me know
    Thanks

Arj -if your center bearing is shot, more than likely the CV joint on the front of the shaft is toast (literally) from being baked by the heat of the cat converter next to it. My center bearing was shot at about 208K and when I pulled the shaft also found the front CV joint in bad shape. Presently running without the shaft in full time FWD, will likely replace it with a reman one from Colorado Driveshaft. Think the last time I checked their Web site, they were asking less than $500 for the 98XC shaft assembly. Changing just the center bearing will likely be a waste of time and money unless you have access to a lift to do the labor yourself and want to gamble that the front CV joint will last much longer.

It's a total waste of time
    Replace the entire propshaft
    I think C/D is closer to $400 now even for retail customers

Default Interim solution

Thanks Stonington XC70
    I like your interim solution of removing the rear shaft and driving FWD. But is there a differential function in the transmission that will make the rear shaft coupling spin with no load? ... And lose torque in the front?
    Will check the full shaft options . Thanks

Huh?
    Just remove the propshaft and drive the wagon. It then drives like any other FWD Volvo will drive.

Quote Originally Posted by JRL View Post
    Huh?
    Just remove the propshaft and drive the wagon. It then drives like any other FWD Volvo will drive.
    Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast