Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default drive shaft bearing xc70 NEW

I have drive shaft bearings for 98 and early 99 volvo xc70, you don't need to replace whole drive shaft if you just need to replace center bearing
    there are two types 1 inch bearing and 1 1/4 inch depending on the vin, don't pay 1000 to the dealer when in most cases all you need is just the bearing.

here is a video showing my mechanic replacing drive shaft bearing on early 98 xc70.

http://volvostrader.com/article_info.php?articles_id=19

let me know I have few of them, each cost 150 plus shipping.
    Last edited by Vtrader; 02-17-2009 at 09:39 PM.

Default Drive Shaft Bearing

Hi,
    does this hold true with a 2004 XC70, my car is in the shop right now and the Dealer is telling me that i have to replace the whole drive shaft because you cant replace the bearings seperatly. $1700. If what you saying is true for a 2004 as well that would save me a lot of cash.

Hello

You need different drive shaft, I can get you the one which will fit your volvo, he is right it is not possible to replace a bearing on yours.
    I can have it shipped tomorrow for 295 plus 25 shipping.
    please let me know I will send you a paypal invoice.
    thank you
    Patrick

Default Center Bearing

Hello,

Can you confirm if it would be a new or used driveshaft that you would send -as well i am located in Alberta, Canada - im assuming the shipping costs would increase.

Thanks.

It is good working condition drive shaft from low mileage volvo 2004 xc70.
    I have to check on the shipping because it is would be long box.
    I will let you know tomorrow.

Hello

I checked and shipping to Canada will be $45
    please let me know I will send you a paypal invoice for it.

I appreciate you looking into this for me, but i had to decide last evening with the Dealer and opted to go new. Thanks for your help.

Hi Vtrader,

My 1998 Volvo V70XC is currently in the shop with a worn out bushing assembly. I received the same story...you have to replace the whole driveshaft. Do you still have some of these bearings left? If so, are they new? I am wondering if this a custom fabricated part that you made?

Thanks!

Hello

Yes I do have few of these bearings, please give me your vin so I can tell you which one you have installed, there are two sizes,

I have sold many of these bearings and they work great, I think these are OEM bearings.

Ive got a corner stuffed with about 10 of these suckers down at the shop. ALL with bad center bearings. How do you replace the ones with shimmed in u-joints is the question? I don't think it's possible...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast