Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by passleft View Post
    Ok so I fnally got around to cleaning the inside of the car (after the dog puked on the way home from the vet) and found something interesting. The three slots in the dash above the passenger temp knob had dust in them. When I cleaned them out found a loose wire back there. It's a tiny wire with a little clear connector. I had a USA spec iPod adapter installed last year. Is it possible they cut a wire or am I just worrying too much?
    The wire that you see behind the vent is likely the temperature sensor for the passenger compartment. A small fan begins drawing air over the sensor to measure the cabin temperature as you enter the car. I don't think the installers could have damaged the sensor. However, the vent does accumulate a fair amount of dust and requires a light vacuum from time to time to ensure the sensor/fan works properly.

And it is a known issue that if the sensor doesn't receive a decent airflow, this can make the A/C do strange things
    Willy
    144 GL (1974)--->244 GL (1982)--->940 GLE 2.3i (1992)--->XC70 2.5T (2004)--->XC90 T5 (2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12