Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Cool BluePower's Fully Integrated HU

These sweet little units could be the answer for anyone considering a huge step up from their current HU. It appears that IPD will likely be handling US distribution once the unit passes tests with respect to compatibility and functionality. More details here.

I have just arranged for sale of my first born as soon as these units become available in North America.
    Colin
    Kinuso, Alberta
    Canada
    2004 XC70 25T, Ruby Red
    2002 V40 (Wife's)
    2001 Nissan X-terra
    2006 Suzuki V-Strom

It does look really nice and blend well with the console. But what we cannot see is how it sounds - which to me is more important than the look.

DYZ
    2005 Volvo XC70, Ash Gold, 210K miles

Quote Originally Posted by DYZ View Post
    It does look really nice and blend well with the console. But what we cannot see is how it sounds - which to me is more important than the look.

DYZ
    That's precisely the reason why IPD will be ground testing a sample unit in the following weeks to come. After that, I'm sure that you can count on them to provide a full and comprehensive review in terms of its overall compatibility and performance within our cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Hart –IPD
    This thing looks really cool. Like others had mentioned, I had been working on putting together something with similar capabilities using an aftermarket head unit and accessory components, but nothing that would come close to the features this has even at 2-3 times the cost. Not to mention the integration and installation headaches the Bluepower resolves.

We have a sample unit on the way to us so we can test functionality and compatibility in US market cars and answer the many questions posted here. Should be in our hands early next week around the 28th.

We'll also shoot some video of the touch screen and navigation response times etc. and put them up on our site with more details on pricing, expected availability of the 3 different models ( 1 for 2001-2003 models, 1 for 2004 and one for 2005-2007 ). In the video we'll briefly cover the most common questions that have been asked here and we'll also post a link to the video here as well along with a pdf of the users manual for your downloading or viewing pleasure!
    We'll be confirming compatibility with the latest ipod / iphone products with the new charging protocol.

We will determine if the installation will require a visit to your Volvo dealer for a software download ( AUM / Audio Module) and provide those details.

We have complied a list of all the questions from the 4 different threads here on SS and will post an FAQ to address those as well.

Lastly, we won't be taking any pre orders until we have had our hands on this thing and have a better understanding of it's capabilities and how it performs in our market and are able to have firm pricing and delivery information.

We'll update all posts as soon as we have any news.

Thanks!

When I Google BluePower I get no hits. Nothing, nadda, zilch. Where are they based? Europe pricing?

I'm gonna keep my eye on this as I like the look and capabilities of the thing.

TG,

BluePower is a Swedish based car tuner. From what I can glean from their website, their product range not only encompasses car audio components but they also carry an assortment of custom exterior/interior accessories from suspension/performance upgrades to racing seats to alloy wheels. It appears that they also have a showroom in Goteburg.

http://bluepower-import.se/

Below is a link to the PDF owner's manual for the BLP-840/890 HUs provided by IPD.

https://www.ipdusa.com/uploads/files/Bluepower.pdf

Art, I checked this out on the swedespeed forum. Why did I not see this before??? I would not have traded in my old 04!! Damn those S-60 people for keeping it under wraps! This would singlehandedly rocket the Volvo to the top of the most stolen vehicles list!!
    2008 XC70 Black/Sandstone
    previous:
    2004 XC70 Crystal Green/Brown trade in @79K

We'll see what IPD will say about it after they get the sample. I hope it is not something like one of these that are selling for $300 on eBay:

Minus the Volvo fit, the eBay unit has almost the same features, even its GPS demo screen is the same as the BluePower.

DYZ
    2005 Volvo XC70, Ash Gold, 210K miles

They are probably built by the same Chinese manufacturer

It wouldn't surprise me if BluePower did, in fact, outsource most/all its components from abroad. It seems that most goods nowadays already are. No doubt there will be plenty of questions and concerns raised about product origin, quality, warranty support, pricing, etc…but I also think that it's way too early to tell how this story will end until the test results are released and all concerns have been addressed. Needless to say, if IPD does end up marketing this product in the US, they'll have to stand behind it.

Best to stay tuned to those specific SS forums for the latest updates.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothr...=111300&page=1
    http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=111928
    http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=111266
    http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=112059

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast