Default 08 xc70 low tire pressure warning

today first time... warning came on..

went to a station checked pressures all seemed to be about 32-33
    added a drop more light went off..

anyone know the exact pressure required to set off warning??

what pressure are you running in your tires??

Thanks in advance

The air probably gets denser with cold weather and causes a shift in the tire pressure to trigger the sensor. You may want to inspect your tires for a nail or small leak. This might be triggering the sensor.

Recently we've a lot of snow and ice and people were running tire chains. Thanks to the low pressure sensors it saved me from changing 2 flat tires. The tires had picked up broken chain links that had punctured my two rear tires and they were leaking. The sensors worked like a charm and after putting air in the tires twice on alternate days I decided to have them checked at a tire shop.

Morrie

We bought our 2008 XC70 a little over a month ago and its tire pressure warning indicator was on (solid, not flashing) at that time. We bought new tires for it two weeks ago and the installers noted the terminal of one sensor had broken off, so that sensor was replaced during the tire mounting process. The sensor still says there's an inflation problem, even though we know there isn't.

The owner's manual suggests that a Volvo dealer must recalibrate the system - is that true, or is there some way we can reset the system ourselves and save $120 (that's the least we've ever been charged at the dealer for anything on either this XC70 or our previous one).
    M D "Doc" Nugent - www.carcentric.com (my other cars)