Default SRS Airbag Service Urgent light 2004 xc90

My first post on this site... I am a member of brickboard which came in handy when I had my 740 wagon for 14 years. Unfortunately there isn't much information on that site regarding XC90's. That is what has brought me to this forum.

So... about two weeks ago my SRS Airbag Service Urgent light came on. Volvo first upgraded the DIM & SRS for around $350. They said the problem was solved except they couldn't get the orange triangle light to shut off. When I picked up the car, turned it on, the warning came back on. Codes that were thrown the first time were: DTC's SRS-00D4 R/s Curtin DIM-002, 003, 005, 006. The second time: DTC Dim-003, 005,006 and DTC SRS-00D4. They said that the problem is not with the curtain airbag, they have decided that it is possibly the DIM... they "think" it is shorting out. The DIM cost about $1300, so the job will be around $1500.

The tech's said that they have never had to replace a DIM on an XC90. I am wondering if anyone has had a similiar experience or if there may be another plausible solution.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Best Regards,
    Anastasia

Default SRS Arirbag Message

Just had this message on my 03 XC90.
    Dealer initially said I needed a software upgrade for $200.00 not covered under CPO, then they said I needed a new control module $600 covered under CPO, now they belive I need a new dash module $1200, covered under under CPO.

I told the dealeship (Volvo of the Triad - WS, NC) that I would not pay the software upgrade for the simple reason that when I have service completed they are always "updating" my software, so I indicated this was their issue.
    This did not go over well and they took great offense at my attitude.

I will keep you posted, but @ $200 + for the "services" I hope I am paying for more than an oil change...

Quote Originally Posted by tapllc View Post
    I told the dealeship (Volvo of the Triad - WS, NC) that I would not pay the software upgrade for the simple reason that when I have service completed they are always "updating" my software, so I indicated this was their issue.
    This did not go over well and they took great offense at my attitude.
    No they don't. Pumping software updates into your vehicle is NOT part of a regular service interval. Upgrades are only performed when a customer symptom complaint & DTC's dictate the need. Therfore, it is NOT the dealers issue, it is yours.

I got this warning after doing som disconecting of wires on the AC unit, and my dealer told me this message is a general error message for many things, have they just tried to reset the message?
    NO(R)WAY