Default Imported post

I'd like to know if there are similar load bars to those we had on our 850 (which like the XC has roof rails).  Those were Volvo brand but made by Thule.  I want somethinig with a rectangular cross section, that is a good fit for the XC rails, and if possible that will accept the Thule key set.

Except for the lock, the load bars for &#36125 list at the dealer (before VCOA discount) seem like a good choice.  

Default Imported post

I've got the basic Volvo/Thule rectangular set, and am quite happy with them. They fit the rails perfectly, and by not having a lock look a bit cleaner.

They do not use the Thule lock cylinders, instead they use a long and pretty unique torx wrench to install/remove. Not 100% security but fine for my purposes.

If you're needing additional security, maybe look at the Thule 415m foot with LB58 load bars (well, that's what the website tells me for a 2001 XC ):

This will accept the standard lock cylinder.

PS, what sort of discount do you get with the VCOA?

Default Imported post

Thanks! - I'll check the Thule option and decide between the two.

With VCOA I get 20% off at my local dealer - not all dealers offer a discount, and the % may vary.  But it easily pays for the membership.   www.vcoa.org for info.