Default Kettle Moraine South

I have some time to burn today, so I'll send along a quick story.

For my girlfriend's birthday in late September - after hearing her talk about the idea of camping -I decided to buy her a nice two persontent with the intent on using quite often. However, with Chicago's winter just around the corner, we decided that we better get up there at least once before the snow started falling.

With a combination of interstate, tollways, Wisconsin country roads, dirt paths and more, we arrived at our campsite with way too much gear in-tow. The thing about the XC (or any Volvo wagon) is that it just begs us to fill it full of cold ones, food and random camping supplies. And I'm fine with that.

After a couple of days of exploring, both inside the car and by foot, the very best of Wisconsin's forests, we headed back to the City and the real world.
    There's nothing quite like getting in your car on Monday morning and still smelling the campfire. It makes me wish I'd taken up this hobby sooner.

But, as long as my XC keeps running smooth, I'll be heading up next spring, summer and fall for more fun. Below are some pics from the trip.

"We were on the roof of America and all we could do was yell, I guess--across the night..."
    --
    1999 Volvo V70 XC AWD

--
    PAST:
    1995 850 Turbo Wagon (150,000mi.)
    1988 740 Wagon (166,000)
    1980 240 Wagon (189,000)

Nice work, cool to see all these XC's in so many different areas of the World... Keep on gettin out there!
    01 V70XC/Silver/Graphite/Touring & Versatility Packs/No Mods
    Servoweb Technologies developers of web stuff...
    Paddle Surf Canada
    CanSkier.com Skier Community