Default crazy electrical problems

so i was driving home in my 01 with 120k, and the srs airbag warning came up. and then all the gauges and power in the car went off, except the radio. no speedo, tach, blinkers, nothing. then the brake failure warning came up. but brakes were fine. car drove like normal. just no power. i was less than a mile from home so i made it back fine.

i went to autozone and picked up a code reader. it showed that no codes were read, even when the warning was read out on the dash. so i have checked all the fuses, and checked connections all over the place, and still nothing. the weird part is that half the time i turn the key it read the warning, and then two hours later i would try again and all the power was off again. the a/c would also kick on by itself from time to time without a key even in the ignition.

so i disconnected the battery and left the cables off over night. now there is no warning reading out and still no codes thrown, but again no power at all.
    but the car runs fine.

any suggestions, before i give up my arm and leg to the dealership? my pockets are very, very light these days.

thanks

jameson

Sounds like a failure in the low speed CAN network. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

ended up being the power driver seat module

reply here if you know where to get parts

http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showth...9212#post89212