Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default How to keep computer settings?

Greetings from Finland! (my first post here)

I have driven 23 000 km now with my XC without any problems, but one detail kinda annoys me;

If I choose to follow the current consumption on the on-board-computer, it'll be wiped out when I turn the engine off, and has to be recalled every time.

The reason why I became interested in this is, that I somehow managed to keep the readings even when turning the engine off, but haven't been able to replicate that

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Juha View Post
    Greetings from Finland! (my first post here)

I have driven 23 000 km now with my XC without any problems, but one detail kinda annoys me;

If I choose to follow the current consumption on the on-board-computer, it'll be wiped out when I turn the engine off, and has to be recalled every time.

The reason why I became interested in this is, that I somehow managed to keep the readings even when turning the engine off, but haven't been able to replicate that

Any ideas?
    I "think" that if you stop and start the engine in a shortish period of time, you won't have to call up the trip computer again - but I may be wrong...

This annoys me a lot as well...
    XC70 LE D5 White/Black/XC Crossed Alum with Vented Seats, PCC/Alarm, Bluetooth, Speed Sensitive Steering, Laminated Glass, Dynaudio and all sort of other things...

Pics galore at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2008xc70/

The latest rumour from Sweden is that in October, Volvo is going to release a software update to fix this.

So ask your local dealer next month

Default Sounds good...

I'll be very happy if this does happen...
    XC70 LE D5 White/Black/XC Crossed Alum with Vented Seats, PCC/Alarm, Bluetooth, Speed Sensitive Steering, Laminated Glass, Dynaudio and all sort of other things...

Pics galore at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2008xc70/

I have a similar problem on my XC70.

I always have the trip computer set to show how many miles are left until I need to refuel, but when I restart the car the trip computer is always set to blank, so I have to change it to the view I want. Ok so it's only one click (if I remember to turn the knob the right way) but still a little annoying.

I saw a technical bulletin on the volvotechinfo website that seemed to be related to this (RTJ18230). Does anyone else still have this problem, and does anyone know whether Volvo issued a fix for it? I can ask my dealer but always good to know if anyone has managed to get this rectified?

Thanks
    2008 MY09 XC70 D5 Ocean Race

Yes, RTJ 18230-2009-02-13 will fix the Driver Information Module (DIM) bug.
    2008 XC70 Black/Sandstone
    previous:
    2004 XC70 Crystal Green/Brown trade in @79K