Thread: Is it possible?

Default Is it possible?

I have an 07 XC90...
    Is it possible to replace the factory stereo with an 08 or 09 factory radio? It looks like the dash layout is the same. This would allow me to get iPod control.

Talked to Volvo NA yesterday about my MY06. They said the new HD radio was not backwards compatible for me but might work for MY07. Call Volvo:800-458-1552, have your VIN handy.

Default Thanks

I'll give them a call tomorrow and i'll post up their response. Thanks for the info.

Default No luck

Called Volvo NA and it is not possible. The parts are not universal despite the dashboard layout being the same. The only thing they have is a connector that will mount the ipod to left of the steering wheel on the dash. It provides power and audio signal only. All navigation is through the iPod itself.

Oh well, worth a shot.

Default iPod UI is better than most interface UI's.

My Infinity is slow to scroll through menus and songs. My wife just leaves it shuffling through my folk-rock genre. My kid want's to bounce between the latest Slipknot and Metallica classics, so a fast search feature is critical. I went with the Dension because you can keep the iPod UI.

Default Update

Well, I ordered the the iPod Aux connector for my 07 through the dealer only to find out the part has been discontinued. Now I am going to bring my XC90 to an aftermarket stereo place to have them move the built in Aux to a better location.