Default Hidden Hitch Installation

Finally bought and installed a hitch for the '99 V7XC.

A few things I learned:

Draw-Tite, Hidden Hitch, and Reese are all owned by the same company, so said the lady at etrailers.com, and the hitches for our cars vary only in the stickers they apply. The instructions for my hitch even show the three company's part numbers. See here, in the upper right:
    http://www.etrailer.com/instructions.aspx?pn=36262
    Installation was pretty straightforward, despite instructions that were a somewhat confusing.

I paid $162 including ~$7.50 for 2nd day shipping. That included the receiver. Already had the bike rack (Graber).

No exhaust lowering, no drilling, no bumper removal...no nothing but bolting up.

I am using this for a bike rack so no wiring. Seems plenty sturdy for carrying two bikes.

Hidden Hitch supplies nuts welded onto sheetmetal arms; I substituted regular nuts but would use their hardware in the future.

These hitches connect to the welded towing? loop on the spare tire well...this unit did not meet up with that perfectly, so I found a shim to take up the gap between the hitch and this loop.

All in all, I'm happy and recommend it for light duty.

Good Luck,

Ron
    Last edited by 16Victor; 04-18-2012 at 05:57 AM.
    Ron

Good information, Ron. My '00 XC came with a similar aftermarket hitch installed by the previous owner(Reese brand). Thanks to the installation instructions link, I now know which hitch drawbar to buy.

Default Pix

16Victor your pix won't open
    "Freedom isn't Free"

2000 XC 106k, Artic white, Sirius, Aluminum Dash Trim Rings, Sylvania Silverstar ULTRA