Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Volvo does offer the harness and you can source it through parts re-sellers. I paid about $60 to get the whole kit, including the bracket to secure it to my hitch, and the waterproof plug.

Cheers,

Andres

Do you remember where you got it? I've been Googling it for a few days and the only mention of it I've found is this thread!

Or your local dealer, I was off a bit on price $100 vs. $60, but it's worth the OEM plug and play.

Thanks! I agree, the few bucks more is worth the plug and play to me rather than cutting into the factory harness.

I purchased the factory harness as suggested and am very pleased with it. It's plug and play and very complete. Volvo part # 8698079 lists for $116.23, I was able to get a garage discount to $87.17. There's a rubber plug that utilizes an existing factory hole for the cable to pass through and the plug bolts to your hitch securely. There were no issues when I hooked the trailer and the lights all work as their supposed to, the car apparently has a converter already built in. I've attached pics of the instructions so you can see how complete it is, I didn't think to take pics in progress.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Volvo Harness 1.jpg   Volvo Harness 2.jpg   Volvo Harness 3.jpg   Volvo Harness 4.jpg  

Is it possible to utilize the 7 pin connector in these cars or is 4 pin all we need in US market?

Bart,

4-pin is all you need, I think the 7 pin connector adds electric trailer braking.
    You would have to have a heavier trailer and that gets questionable with the wagons we have.

Andres

Default Parking wires???

So it sounds like everyone but me has a white wire that is for the running lights but I have 5 wires. 2 pink, a black,a blue and a gray and white. Which wire do I use...

What wiring harness are you guys using? I need to find one that I can use with that plug.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast