Default xc 70 South Island New Zealand Xmas trip

Pictures of our family Xmas holiday camping around Central Otago and the Catlins Dec07/Jan08. The perfect way to run in a new XC 70 - with a few river fords, beaches and gravel roads to try out.

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Congrats and welcome to the site dis.

Nice gallery of photos there! It's hard to think of a nicer place where I would choose to test out a new ride. We had the pleasure of touring your beautiful homeland a few weeks before you took those pics of your camping trip. Not with a XC but in a less than graceful Britz Campervan. There are some stunning stretches of road in NZ but this one in particular from Westport to Greymouth was truly breathtaking.

Art- thanks for your feedback. How do you get your pics to be so large on this forum? We have an Apple Mac, so I e mailed the pics as jpegs to get them to the required less than 97kb. Any suggestions? I would love to put some scenic shots on as well, also not sure if the signposts in one of my shots can be read-fyi it says "track not suitable for cars." and "next 24 km 25 fords unmetalled" No worries though.
    Cheers

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

dis,

You can find a number of image hosting sites that allow one to upload and store photos/videos for free. I just happen to use Photobucket. The free account gives you 1 GB of storage space with a max image size of 1024 x 768.

Yeah, Dis, I'd love to see your pix a bit bigger. Really hoping to get to NZ one day. Another popular free hosting site is Flickr.

Art, we've got the twin of that road here in South Africa - between Gordon's Bay and Rooiels, near Cape Town. Vegetation is different, but the shape of the road and ocean are strikingly similar - my favourite cycling route!

We want more and we want bigger photos!

Good to see the new model getting dirty in scenery where it belongs. Excellent scenery and photographs! Thanks for posting.
    Cheers,
    Patrick
    Architect

2001 Volvo XC70 (PJ-810)
    2007 Volvo XC70
    2001 BMW 530i Touring MSport

Past:
    1987 240GL
    1982 244GLE
    1978 245L (Manual)
    and: 1974 Triumph 2000Mk2, 1990 Renault 25TXE, 1986 Rover SD1, 1990 Peugeot 605SV, 1991 Peugeot 605SVE, 1995 Peugeot 605SV

that is pretty sweet, what a way to break it in
    would like the one of the river crossing in the original file
    would make a great wallpaper

wish we had beaches here in colorado , but the mountains are pretty spectacular

nice countryside yall have there
    Hailing from the Majestic Rocky Mountain High
    RIP 04-08-09

Extras: Bilstein Hd's, Zimmerman Cross-Drilled Rotors, K&N Air Filter
    IPD HD TCV, Stylin Motors Silicone Hoses, Silverstars, 8000k HID Fogs
    It is illegal to get this high in other states.

Need OEM Volvo Parts?
    Call Daryl Waltrip Volvo
    (800) 689-0021
    Ask for Jamie or Don

Hey- thanks for all your kind words about my trip pics. I may be a bit dim, so could someone talk me through the steps to get my images larger here. I just clicked the paper clip icon to put attachments in, but could only get them to be small to fit in the <97kb maximum.
    Would love to put some more up in all their glory...
    Cheers
    Dis

Quote Originally Posted by dis View Post
    Hey- thanks for all your kind words about my trip pics. I may be a bit dim, so could someone talk me through the steps to get my images larger here. I just clicked the paper clip icon to put attachments in, but could only get them to be small to fit in the <97kb maximum.
    Would love to put some more up in all their glory...
    Cheers
    Dis
    Open a Photobucket acount. (www.photobucket.com)

Upload your photos - no need to shrink them.

Photobucket will tell you the direct link of each photo. Copy the link. Then click on the <Insert Picture> button at the top of the message box when you're writing a new post (it's the second last button at the top). Paste the link into this and you'll get the required fields in your message so the pictures will show.

Hope that's clear. If I've confused, send me a private message and I'll explain in more detail and help you out.
    Cheers,
    Patrick
    Architect

2001 Volvo XC70 (PJ-810)
    2007 Volvo XC70
    2001 BMW 530i Touring MSport

Past:
    1987 240GL
    1982 244GLE
    1978 245L (Manual)
    and: 1974 Triumph 2000Mk2, 1990 Renault 25TXE, 1986 Rover SD1, 1990 Peugeot 605SV, 1991 Peugeot 605SVE, 1995 Peugeot 605SV