Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default the simple Ipod Connection- AUX jacks

Will this work? (link below)
    I do understand that there will be no power source to the ipod nor integration with the stereos LEDs.
    But, would I just pull-out the current CD player DIN connector on the back of the stereo unit and plug this one in?
    http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...=detailed_info

these are the notes from the site...
    NOTES

Compatibility: This adapter should only be used with changer control head units that have the adapter listed as an accessory. The adapter is not compatible with pre-1999 head units, and it is not compatible with all newer units. This cannot be used with the pass-through port on Kenwood Sirius tuners. If you have a Kenwood Sirius tuner and want AUX in capability, a Kenwood KCA-S220A (item number 113KCAS220) will be required; the KCA-S220A is a two changer switch with a stereo RCA auxiliary input.

Plugs into Head Unit CD Changer Control Connector: When the CA-C1AUX adapter (item 113CAC1AX) is used, you cannot connect a CD changer to the head unit (the CA-C1AUX plugs into the changer control DIN connection on the head unit)!

Inputs and Cable Length: The female RCA inputs are at the end of a 10" cable; they are coded red (for right) and white (for left).

When I step through Crutchfield's vehicle selector for this product and the 2001 V70 without nav with in-dash CD the selector says that the product does NOT work with the vehicle so my guess is no.

The selector might be wrong. When I tried to order the USA-SPEC unit for my vehicle the salesperson said it would not work with the HU-803 we have (members of this site say that the USA-Spec unit does work).
    Current: 2010 XC70 T6 Caspian Blue/Grey

Previous: 2001 V70XC Nautic Blue/Grey 218K Volvo High Mileage Club,

Although not as cheap, I found this adapter on eBay that looks like it would work for most situations. It will not allow your cd-changer to be used at the same time.
    Colin
    Kinuso, Alberta
    Canada
    2004 XC70 25T, Ruby Red
    2002 V40 (Wife's)
    2001 Nissan X-terra
    2006 Suzuki V-Strom

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by slowflyer
    The selector might be wrong. When I tried to order the USA-SPEC unit for my vehicle the salesperson said it would not work with the HU-803 we have (members of this site say that the USA-Spec unit does work).
    I'll go on record as saying the USA Spec adapter is definitely compatible with the HU-803 as I had installed one myself in a '01 XC.

Quote Originally Posted by colin
    Although not as cheap, I found this adapter on eBay that looks like it would work for most situations. It will not allow your cd-changer to be used at the same time.
    That is the same adapter sold by Crutchfield. Since I'm not familiar with the ebay source, I think that I might feel more inclined to purchase through a known retailer such as Crutchfield. Crutchfield also offers support and free shipping within the US.

As colin mentioned, one will lose the ability to use the external CD changer accessory once the adapter is installed, but consider the bonus of having your entire music library on hand via the iPod. The USA Spec adapter is currently the least costly (non-FM) method of accessing tunes from your iPod with full volume/song advance control via the steering wheel buttons. It does not display the title/artist of the song but does allow you to view and control everything through the iPod itself, a feature which the Volvo adapter doesn't permit.

I think that I might feel more inclined to purchase through a known retailer such as Crutchfield. Crutchfield also offers support and free shipping within the US.
    Sounds reasonable. Except they don't have any in stock right now.
    Colin
    Kinuso, Alberta
    Canada
    2004 XC70 25T, Ruby Red
    2002 V40 (Wife's)
    2001 Nissan X-terra
    2006 Suzuki V-Strom

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Yea, I noticed that too.

If time is an issue, you might want to consider the iMIV product which is distributed out of Calgary. With cables, the iMIV does cost more than the USA Spec unit but also possesses the ability to display text. They also appear to have a great support team.

http://imiv.ca/cms/

IPD sells the USA Spec unit and supposedly has them in stock http://www.ipdusa.com/Volvo-V70XC70-...-127-385-1622/.

FWIW: IPD is offering free shipping on sales over $100 through Feb 29th.

Bill
    Bill
    63 PV544 (attempted restoration)
    83 245 DL OSD (transferred to son)
    85 240 GL OSD (transferred to son)
    03 XC70 OSD (traded-in 4/12)
    05 AWD S80 OSD (transferred to son)
    12 XC70 T6
    16 S60 T5 Drive-E (FWD)

IPD also includes an installation CD - I don't know if it is useful or not.

Art, yes I know. You were one of the respondents when I started a thread some time back about what the Crutchfield salesman said. Thanks.
    Current: 2010 XC70 T6 Caspian Blue/Grey

Previous: 2001 V70XC Nautic Blue/Grey 218K Volvo High Mileage Club,

The IPD installation disk was very helpful for me.

Bill
    Bill
    63 PV544 (attempted restoration)
    83 245 DL OSD (transferred to son)
    85 240 GL OSD (transferred to son)
    03 XC70 OSD (traded-in 4/12)
    05 AWD S80 OSD (transferred to son)
    12 XC70 T6
    16 S60 T5 Drive-E (FWD)

Default A tagalong question...

Hey all...

I have an '03 with the HU613; how would I know if I have the changer option to have the Crutchfield or other adapters work? Is there a way I can easily identify it? My apologies for the "newbieness" of the question, but my heart's in the right place.

Thanks,
    Mitch
    Mitchgat
    '03 Silver XC 58k

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast