Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

... So this is one of the steps to take in troubleshooting an anti-skid service required message per several threads. Does anyone know why the anti-skid message happened after a break change? Could a sensor be unplugged? How do I troubleshoot this? Thanks for any info.

my 2003 xc90 started leaking also, floorboards were soaked, side of windows drenched!! shouldn't this
    issue be a recall??

Default Michelle demske

[table="width: 500, class: outer_border, align: left"]
    [tr]
    [td][/td]
    [td][/td]
    I TOTALLY AGREE, DOYOU HAVE THE NUMBE YOU CALLED TO COMPLAIN? SAME THING HAPPEN TO MY 2003 XC90 ! I CALLED THE COMPANY THAT HAD HUST INSTALLED MY NEW WINDSHIELD AND CUSSED THEM OUT, COME TO FIND OUT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM. THE GUY TOOK OFF THE TWOSIDE PANELS AND SHOWEWD ME THE DRAIN TUBES AND TOLD ME THEY WERE CLOGGED, AND YOU COULD SEE WHERE SOMEONE TRIED TO FIX IT BEFORE WITH SILOCONE, WHICH HE DIDNT RECOMMEND! MY ENTIRE CAR REAKS AND SMELLS, I GOT ALL THE WATER I COULD U WITH A WET VAC! THIS SHOILD BE CONSIDERED A RECALL AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED!!

Quote Originally Posted by mconn67 View Post
    I am just finding out that this is a recurring problem and that it will continue to happen over time. Seems like a design flaw to me. Sunroof drains should not be able to "clog up and leak into the passenger compartment" - especially on a quality vehicle like a VOLVO!!!

I have had major water in the passenger side compartment 2x - thankfully my dealer took care of it both times even though I am now out of warranty. By major water I mean enough that it was actually visible and sloshing around on top of the floor mat. A couple other times I have had a wet floor -under the mat on that side.

I encourage all XC90 owners to pull up your floor mats and check the carpet under - you may be having this problem and not even know it.

My concern is the damage that is being done with water in the car. I have read online in various forums that other people having problems with sensors rusting, mold issues, etc. due to this.

I have called Volvo Customer Affairs and the President's office of Volvo - they don't seem to have a lot of info/reports of this happening although I pointed out to them that it is all over forums like this and if you just Google "Volvo wet floor" you find that this may not just be limited to the XC90! Google "XC90 Sunroof drain" and there are a ton more complaints, people looking for answers. Something should be done here !!!!!

I for one do not plan to pay a penny for this recurring problem whether my car is out of warranty or not. This is a design flaw that should be fixed by Volvo every time it happens.

Maybe all of you having this problem should start writing/calling Volvo so this gets fixed once and for all. I imagine more problems will arise from this when our vehicles are 7 -8 years old!!! Rusting floors, mold smell, electrical problems, etc. etc.

We gotta let them know this is not an isolated situation. Perhaps many park in garages so they are not experiencing this - but, agian - pull up those mats and take a look - you may not realize the problem is there!

We, as volvo owners, should not have to pay any expense for this issue, volvo needs to do a recall and fix the issue! I advise everyone to report it to the recall department!

Please report to recall department!

Again, shouldnt be the owners issue, recall should be put in place!

I found and cleaned the sun roof drains at the front of the sun roof on the right and left side, and the heater blower drain on my XC90 T6. Does anybody know if there are also sun roof drains in the rear? Seems likely, since without them parking facing up a hill would drain water into the cabin. If so, how do you access them?

Could you summarize your theory of where the leak occurred? Up top in the sunroof frame due to a clogged-up drain port? Somewhere downstream with the
    drain tubing? This level of detail matters. Because, vacuuming the drain port in the sunroof frame is something easy that the owner can do yearly.

If the leak is at a connector hidden away in the A-pillar, then that would be a design issue.

What path did the leaking water take?

When mine leaked and I removed the pillar (passenger side) their was a connector that had separated. I did this years ago but I remember it as a connecting point that failed. Cleaning tube would not have worked.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567