Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default I have the sunroof drain leak also

I'd like to know how the OP's problem turned out with regard to getting Volvo to foot the bill for this. Just today, I was informed of the exact same problem on my 2003 XC90 at my 60k service. The bill will be at least $700 for a new carpet and and to unplug the sunroof drains. But I also have an engine light on that may be from water damage too, but that hasn't been nailed down yet so I don't know the charge for that.

I was completely unaware of any water in the cabin, but they said the tech noticed "sloshing: during the test drive.

The also said that the carpet can't be dried out effectively. This sounds fishy to me, but I suppose they don't want me bitching later about odors. Still, I live in a pretty dry area (San Jose) and I wonder if should just take the car back and pull the carpet myself and let it dry outside for a week. Has anyone done this?

I have had no problems with this car until now, but this experience will really leave me sour on Volvo if I have to pay for this. They said that this can happen with any sunroof, but this sure sounds like a bad Volvo design. Also there was no assurance that this won't happen again!

I'm trying to arm myself for demanding they fix this on their dime, but I'm not sure how to go about it. Any help would be appreciated.

I pulled my mats out and let them dry in the sun. I used a wet/dry vacuum to suck up as much as I could and then I used a heat gun on low, without getting the carpet too hot. That was about 4 months ago and my wife hasn't complained about any musty/mold smells as of yet.

Default MY XC90 with indoor swimming pool

Just another problem in a long line-what a piece of crap this thing has been! Nothing but Japanese from now on!!

Hello,
    living in Belgium, famous knowed for the rain, I have just the same problem with XC90 MY04.
    Drains are clean but not calibrated to evacuate leakage water coming from the sunroof.
    When car is not horizontal, ( to left or right) the problem becomes bigger because only one drain is working.

Have somebody a real solution ?
    Thanks for your reply.

Just pull the a-pillar off and the drain is right behind them. The little elbow get plugged at the bottom. Just clean it it and also enhance the hole a little on the + shape end.
    2000 F350, 4x4, Crewcab, 7.3L Turbo Powerstroke Diesel
    2005 XC90 2.5T OSD 06/2005

Thank foor your answer.
    To be sure I have well understood :
    there is not only the entry of the drain to clean but also a piece located along the front pilars after- I suppose- the covering ?

Excuse my poor language !

Yes, the largest issue is the elbow in the drain hose that is covered by
    the A-pillar. The A-pillar is the metal piece between the windshield and
    the door. Remove the cover from the inside of the car and you will see
    the hose and the elbow. Just pull the elbow free of the A-pillar and it
    will probably be full of gunk.

Our car is always garaged, so it is unlikely we will ever have the issue.

many thanks for this tips

Default Sun roof drain problem XC90

I too have had this problem occur, once under warranty and now again without the warranty. I recently had to pay over $550.00 for part plus labor $$ to have the dealer to fix the sunroof drainage problem. Now they have a sunroof drain kit. I guess they know this is a problem. I have written to Volvo and I want to be reimbursed! Otherwise, I'm taking this problem to the Attorney General, Consumer Affairs ...etc. I'm also in favor of a class action suit if this problem is not addressed. I cannot believe that Volvo would jeopardize their integrity by not taking responsibility for this design flaw. We should not have to only park our XC90's in a garage in order to drive an XC90!

Yea boy... See how far you get with that...

After the first time you should have been aware of the issue and maintained
    it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast