Default Aftermarket lights?

Hello,

It's been over a year since I posted, lots of things have changed, save for my annoying habit of spending money that I don't have. Witness my recent lease of two 08 Volvos, the new XC70, and a 3.2 XC90. Yes, I'm still in denial, except for when it gets dark and my halogen lights remind me that I no longer have Xenons lasing the way for me.

I had Sylvania Silverstars on a Honda that I used to own, but am somewhat reluctant to modify my new ride(s) for various reasons, not the least of which is my fear that I'll screw up the lights and have to go to the dealer and get puni$hed. (Though changing the lights in the Honda was easy to do if my memory serves, I've mastered the art of screwing up the easy things.)

Question: how many originally halogen-equipped folks have went to aftermarket lights, how have they performed, lasted, etc., and are they worth it in your opinion?

Hope you've all been well; I know you've been safe in your Volvos.
    04XC70, Ice White, Oak Interior

I hope you'll post if you've had any luck. I miss the xenons in my 04XC, but I will say the lights on my 08 are much better at lighting the road, and the brights really kick ass on dark highways. The problem with bi-xenons as I understand it is that they use the same light for 'bright' and 'regular', and this creates this harsh line which you can easily over-drive. I had huge issues with that and my XC. I live in the mountains so I was really hating that aspect of the xenons. I do like the Sylvanias, though.
    I'm not a complete idiot. Some parts are missing.

Can't say that I've had any luck. I also didn't like that the xenons's lows were the same lights as the brights. Then again, plants could probably grow basking in that light. The brights are sufficiently bright on the new XC. Overdriving the lows is way too easy, however, and it's a little unnerving---I could be doing 75-80 mph and accomplish it (some of the roads are 70-75 mph around where I live, though the concept of street lighting or painting seems to be foreign). Hey! I just noticed you're up in Breck! You know what I'm talking about re lights and paint; I'm in SE Aurora (essentially NE Parker) off of E470. Lovely road in the day, darker than the abyss at night (save for overpass underlighting which temporarily blinds you as you roll by). I can't tell from your post, but do you have Sylvanias on now?
    04XC70, Ice White, Oak Interior