Default D5 owners, did yours get faster after the three month checkup?

Hi guys, my 07 had it's three month checkup recently, as per the handbook, but when we got it back it seems a hell of a lot perkier that before it went in. We're not kidding ourselves as now we get a squeek out of the front tyres when changing into second and hitting the gas, never had that before and we've driven it hard before now.
    The dealer says they did nothing other than check the computer logs for faults and generally check the car over.
    I'm wondering if they come "detuned" from the factory new and when it goes in for the check up they tweak it up a bit as it's now run-in.......

Anyone else noticed this?

Hi, the car has a form of adaptive programming which responds to your driving style and takes about 20Km to be fully functional. If it was cleared, or another driver used it the car will adapt its response accordingly. Give it a few miles to sort itself out. I regularly tow with my XC70 and as you say when first going solo after a long tow its a regular street rocket.
    geo

Quote Originally Posted by TiredGeek View Post
    Hi guys, my 07 had it's three month checkup recently, as per the handbook, but when we got it back it seems a hell of a lot perkier that before it went in. We're not kidding ourselves as now we get a squeek out of the front tyres when changing into second and hitting the gas, never had that before and we've driven it hard before now.
    The dealer says they did nothing other than check the computer logs for faults and generally check the car over.
    I'm wondering if they come "detuned" from the factory new and when it goes in for the check up they tweak it up a bit as it's now run-in.......

Anyone else noticed this?
    i agree with geo if you have aut. transmission. if you have a manual transm. the only reason of such an improvement could be an update of the software done during the check. in my experience (06' 185 hp with 70kkm) the D5 gives its best after approx 30 kkm becoming smoother, faster with a slightly lower fuel consumption.
    just a curiosity did you have a recall in the uk to change the injectors support (donno the exact english tech word)?
    ciao

Not sure on the recall issue, the car is just over 5 months old now so I assume it came from the factory with any updates it needed.

It's a 6 speed manual, so it rules out adaptive gearbox and it only has 5600 miles on it.

The dealer reckons they didn't update any software on the car or do anything else that could have affected it.
    Frankly I don't believe them, it is absolutely, definitely faster and has more torque than it had before it went in. I regularly drive a long, steep and winding hill near my house, and before I needed to drop to third to maintain the speed and stop the engine straining, now I can do the same hill with no problem in fourth and it will accelerate if I ask it to
    Fuel consumption is averaging the same, around 38mpg, best 46, worst 27, and that is with some seriously HARD driving......

Maybe the engine is loosening up a bit. I don't think it's that though, the difference was apparant on the way home from the stealers........
    Whatever, the car is great, just wish I could get the mp3 capable hi-fi from the new one....