Default Air Conditioning

Just purchased a 2005 XC70 still under warranty. Today the driver's side of dual air conditioning blew only hot air when I restarted engine after a short drive. I turned the vehicle off and let it cool down. When I restarted the engine the driver's side air worked again. Anyone else have this problem or heard reports like this?

Thanks for reading this.

Wondering in Michigan

Default Air Conditioning

I have an 05 and have never had a problem with the Air and the dual temperature settings. It has actually been excellent. Maybe yours just needed to reset itself? You should make sure everything is on the automatic setting as that can have a bearing.
    TJ
    93 850 GLT (Kid's drive it now)--->05 XC70, Ash Gold
    Sports Package with Four-C Active Chassis (Kid's drive it now)--->13 XC60, Platinum Plus with Tech and 19" rims

Default Same A/C issue

I am having a similar issue. The drivers side will blow cool air but the passengers side blows warm air only. Is there a thermostatic probe I can change out to make the equalize or is there a reset procedure.????

Default Me 2

Same problem, but other way around-Driver's side blows cool but Passenger side blows hot. My initial thought is that the individual thermostatic control (round knob going from hot to cold on each side) switch is bad on the Passenger side. I am subscribing to this thread and will post to let everyone know what happens.

Any other threads on this forum with this specific problem (key word = 'specific')??????

Thanks
    '02 V70XC, white, can be seen in Volvo OSD DVD

Default Resolution

Well, turns out that it wasn't a control problem after all. Just needed some more gas, regular service. Local independent charged the system, checked for leaks, and inspected everything-now cold air on both sides. The local mechanic reports same symptom sometimes in Chrysler Town&Country vehicles.

Hope your problem turns out to be as easy a solution as mine.
    '02 V70XC, white, can be seen in Volvo OSD DVD