Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ordered my 08 in Canada llast week

Couldn't wait any loinger, my 04 lease is up and I placed my order for a Red MY08 XC70 last week. Can't wait apparently not here till December as kids booster seats are delayed by two months. Just wish the kids didn't need them, but i guess that's the next one they can have the heated seats.
    11 Flamenco Red T6 w/Espresso interior. Replaced 08 Ruby Red w/Esspresso interior. Replaced 04 Ruby red w/wing and full tint. Replaced 02 Ruby Red.
    Wife's car; 12 XC60 T6 White replaced 05 Ruby Red XC70 replaced 99 V70XC Sandstone

Can you share any details on pricing or lease rates? My '04 XC70 is also coming off lease and I suspect the Canadian lease rate on the new ones will be substantially higher.

Default Lease rates

Still waiting to hear the details, I expect the negotiating will be tougher as residuals are way down as you may know from your buy out compared to what they selling them for on the lots.
    Had to order it now to get it in December, so i figure by then they will have it all figured out and heard enough about how much cheaper they will be in the States by the time it comes is.
    11 Flamenco Red T6 w/Espresso interior. Replaced 08 Ruby Red w/Esspresso interior. Replaced 04 Ruby red w/wing and full tint. Replaced 02 Ruby Red.
    Wife's car; 12 XC60 T6 White replaced 05 Ruby Red XC70 replaced 99 V70XC Sandstone

Talking I can't wait

I'd like to hear what the rates are going like as I hope to be there, not soon enough but when I get there I will be finding my local 905 dealer (well I guess that will be the closest to the 915 area) and placing my order for a MY08 Still can't decide on the color thou

So when you guys know some figures let me know please.

Canadian pricing for the '08 XC70 has now been posted at

http://www.volvocanada.com/Showroom/...ecs.aspx?lng=2

Base price has dropped $1,000, but then you have to add a lot of things that used to be standard. I priced up a new one in line with similar equipment to my '04.
    My 2004 XC70 lease with tax is just under $500 per month - the 2008 with similar equipment comes in at over $800 per month, due to higher lease rate (4.9% now vs. 0.9% in 2004) and much lower residual (2008: $57,445 MSRP depreciates to $23,679 over 4 years; 2004: $54,395 MSRP depreciated to $26,964 over 4 years). I don't think I am prepared to pay 60% more for the new version of the XC70, when my lease expires in November.
    Is this the sort of price increase on leases people are seeing in other places?

That's a big jump. Seems like you could get into a Mercedes for that kind of money.
    '04 XC70 (petrol/auto), Nautic Blue / Graphite, Premium, Touring, Boosters, Xenia Wheels w/235x60 Nokian WR's (wife's kid-hauler)
    '09 C70 retractable hard top convertible. Red with black interior.