PDA

View Full Version : Banff Get Together

Art
06-19-2007, 07:16 PM
Hey All,

We were thinking about heading up to the mountains this weekend and wondered if anyone would care to meet up in Banff or Kananskis for lunch and then perhaps a drive out to Vermilion Lake/Lake Louise via the 1A afterwards. :)

With a handful of members hailing from Calgary and the forecast for some superb weather, it should make for a great day. [thumbup]

Anyone interested?

John@CdnRockies
06-19-2007, 09:43 PM
Count us in for getting together this weekend. The forecast is for solid sun and the mountains are looking absolutely great with the dump of snow they received two days ago (yes, I know its summer).

Just fix a time and Faye and I will be there with the trusty XC. Perfect for XC photo ops with some snow in June.;)

John

Skid_o
06-20-2007, 10:16 AM
We would have liked to come but we have a wedding to attend on Saterday. Then we are packing for our 2 1/2 week holiday to BC with the XC and trailer.

Forkster
06-20-2007, 09:35 PM
Let me speak with SWOMBO. Canmore for lunch on Saturday would be sweet. :)

Art
06-20-2007, 11:33 PM
Sounds like a plan Forkster. Does that work for you John? Shall we drive out from the city together or meet at a designated eatery in Canmore?

Have a great holiday Skid! I'm sure there will be another time when we can hook up with you. :)

John@CdnRockies
06-21-2007, 05:51 AM
We're looking forward to it and I promise to get the car washed before heading out.:)

(a) Folks can meet up at our place for Starbucks coffee and breakfast and we can head out together or
(b) we can just meet-up at Canmore.

Let me know if you are interested in (a) and I will PM our address and phone numbers.

John

Art
06-24-2007, 01:15 PM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b249/Batstar/CastleMountain-1.jpg

The weather was perfect for our day trip to the Rockies. After lunching in Canmore, we stopped briefly along the 1A for a photo opp in front of Castle Mountain before pushing off to Lake Louise.

My apologies go out to the other Calgary members for not providing sufficient notice and I will attempt to redeem myself by planning a similar trip in the fall. :)