PDA

View Full Version : "time for regular service" and "check the stop lamp"

RedSoxBuckeye
06-11-2007, 10:54 PM
Hi there,

Just bought a 02 XC70 last week and found that the message, time for regular service, is on. How to delete the message?

Another message, check the stop lamp will apear some time when stop. What's wrong?

Any help will be appreciated.

BillAileo
06-12-2007, 03:15 AM
Go to the resources section of this site (http://www.volvoxc.com/resources/how-to/index.php)
and select the "SRI Rest Procedures" option and that pdf file will tell you how to reset the message.

The car is designed to detect burnt out bulbs. When you are putting on the brakes it is sensing a burnt out brake light bulb.

Bill

RedSoxBuckeye
06-19-2007, 03:02 PM
Hi BillAileo

Thank you very much for your informaiton. I fix the "check stop lamp" based on the information I got from the link you gave. The stealer (Boston Volvo Village) told me that there was no recall on my car so I had to do it by myself.

For the time for regular service message, I followed the instruction in "Reset SRI" article, but failed to clear it.
The procedure I took is as follows:

1. turn to Iginition postion I and press and hold the reset botton for the odometer for less than 2 seconds,
2. turn to Iginition position II, and release the reset botton within 4 seconds.

I tried both trip odometers (T1 and T2). I am not sure where I am wrong. I'll try it later some time.

Again, I really appreciate your help.

Ping

Art
06-19-2007, 07:08 PM
Hey Ping,

The procedure will be slightly different depending on your model year. Each step must be followed through exactly or you won't get the correct result. In your post, you mentioned that you released the trip odometer reset button after 2 seconds. Try holding it down while turning the key to position II.

Resetting the service reminder indicator (SRI), model years 2002-

The service reminder indicator (SRI) informs the driver that it is time for the car to be serviced. The text message is displayed for 120 seconds each time the ignition is switched on.

Proceed as follows to reset the service reminder indicator (SRI):

• Ignition position I
• Press and hold in the reset button for the trip odometer
• Ignition position II.

Note! Turn the key to position II within 2 seconds.

• Hold the reset button for the trip meter pressed in until the original value has been reset.