PDA

View Full Version : Software operates Side Mirror??

delorean
06-01-2007, 11:24 PM
Just after I purchased my V70XC, I was told my car had a small ICBC claim still pending. Don't they, by law, tell you this first?? Well, I already commented that I'd buy the car if the side mirror was repaired.No visual damage but the claim stated the mirror should be replaced to fix the problem (Up/ Left inoperative on passenger mirror. The mirror was replaced but still the mirror was not working right. It was decided to take the car for further troubleshooting and it fell into the hands of a qualified Volvo mechanic who determined the fault was in the software. Oh, the car can be programmmed? That's cool! They had to wait for the software from Sweden and it has now taken them 48 hours so far. Wife and I like to have our car back, thank u much! So now we wait till Monday with a Nissan Versa in our drive-way. To all you electronic buffs on these XCs, what's the deal with software that now fails to operate my up/left positioning for the passenger side mirror only. Driver side works fine! Do these techs know how to fix this or what?? Input please from those qualified!!

JRL
06-03-2007, 09:50 AM
Software operates EVERYTHING on these cars!
Once in a while the entire CEM has to be rebooted to fix these glitches