PDA

View Full Version : Environmental Filter Change

Dorset Diver
05-26-2007, 01:01 PM
Late 2005 XC70 D5 (185). Can any one tell me where the environmental filter hides and how it is changed :confused:

Thanks in advance.

DD

Art
05-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Instructions on replacing the cabin air filter can be found here (http://www.volvoxc.com/resources/how-to/cabin_filter_removal/index.php). If your XC70 has IAQS (Internal Air Quality System), it uses a multi-filter (charcoal) instead of the regular pollen filter.

Dorset Diver
05-27-2007, 12:55 AM
Dear Art,

Many thanks for your relpy. As yet I have not had a chance to look, but will the location be the same for RHD (UK) models?

Regards

DD

Art
05-27-2007, 09:23 AM
The location and replacement procedure is the same for RHD models. :)

mitek_75
09-08-2007, 01:45 PM
Thanks Art for the instructions. Just cleaned mine filter for now. Quick question, is there supposed to be only one filter? When I got to my filter it looked like there are two slots in there but only one filter. I bought my car (MY2004) used last year so I am wondering if I am missing something. I think I have the IAQS since my filter looked differently from the one in the pictures. Any good Volvo parts stores in Calgary/Edmonton area?
Mitek

Art
09-08-2007, 02:36 PM
Hi Mitek,

There should be two compartments for the filters. The narrower one houses the regular pollen filter and the wider compartment is for the charcoal impregnated version (IAQS).

Other than Valentine and Anglo, I'm not familiar with any other sources for parts in Alberta. You could always cross shop the local dealer prices with one or more online distributors.

skibo
04-21-2008, 05:35 AM
One again, this forum has proved to be invaluable.

Saturday I downloaded Art's instruction on replacing the 'cabin air filter', and then fretted because of the '2 slot issue' - my old filter was in the rear slot, and that's where I placed the new one, but Art's photos show the filter in the front slot. Now that I see this thread, I presume Art has/had the non-IAQS filter, and that all is well.

Art - If you see this, it might be worth adding a note on this topic to your great instruction page to clear this up for future users.