PDA

View Full Version : '01 Tail gate will not open

jawillia
05-04-2007, 11:30 AM
:confused:
The rear hatch on my '01 XC70 will not open. It seems like it is locked. I have tried unlocking via the driver's door switch, pushing the unlock button twice on my key fob as well as using the trunk button on my key fob. No luck.

I have also been getting an error about my Security System needing service.

Has anyone experienced this? Is there any way to open the hatch? Any fixes?

Thanks in advance.

wgriswold
05-04-2007, 12:07 PM
Some people have had something stuck under the rear door preventing it from closing all the way which will prevent the sensor from knowing that the door is shut and preventing the alarm from being set. This may also prevent the door from opening. Check to see if something is stuck under the door. Sometimes the rear mat will move back and cause this. With luck a good firm pull will get it out and all will be good. Good luck.

Willy
05-05-2007, 12:44 AM
You may also take a look at this thread:
http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9730&highlight=hatch
Willy

NikosXC70
05-06-2007, 05:31 AM
Hi,

As wgriswold wrote it might be related to the mat. Try pushing the rear hatch in as you pull on the handle to see if would help. You may also try pushing in and upwards as you pull on the handle if the1st attempt doesn’t work.

Later,

funglenn
05-07-2007, 01:14 AM
this happens to me sometimes, basically the tailgate is not fully closed (and not open either). I have had to press the tailgate in until I hear the click of it fully locking, then it opens just fine.

I always put my arms wide apart to ensure I press in the most without risking damage to the sheetmetal.

Good luck