PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a SMOOTH riding XC in NY?

LisaPhish
09-10-2002, 02:17 PM
Okay.  My HUSBAND just called the dealership and told them we would not accept the car still shimmying like this and you know what he said?  IT'S THE CHARACTERISTIC OF THE TIRES.  So.  My next step is, to find a SMOOTH DRIVING XC and then ask him to explain to me why the difference exists.  Sound like a plan???

Lisa http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/devil.gif

Hiro's XC
09-10-2002, 08:09 PM
I would just make a deal with them. Purchase a new set of tires (different brand) and if the car smooths out they pay for them. It's obvious that they will not work with you on anything else. Sorry for your trouble, but I'm glad the dealer I use does not treat me the same way.

harden
09-11-2002, 11:04 AM
Lisa,

Where in NY are you? You are welcome to drive our XC, although it does have 47,000 miles on the original tires, which we will be changing out soon (before winter) so not much of a comparison. Why don't you take another XC on the lot for a ride and see if it behaves the same, if so, then maybe it is the tires.

Dan

edjike
09-11-2002, 12:33 PM
I am in NJ with an ASH 02 8500 miles on it and no shimmy.

09-11-2002, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the offers. . . I"m in Dutchess County, Northwestern New York, an hour and a half north of the city.  I just got home from driving the car of an acquaintance.  It's actually the identical car as mine, but with 36,000 miles on it.  It drove smooth.  My case is made!  Funny thing is, she bought her car from the same dealership, and the first car she test drove had a shimmy!  She asked the salesman if he noticed and he made some excuse and actually never admitted to or denied its existence.  She stated that she would not buy a car that rode like this and he took her out in another one, and that one drove smooth so she ordered hers.  

Let me tell you though, even though it drove very smooth, it was the squeekiest car I've ever been in!  The rattles and squeeks came from the back, the front, the console, EVERYWHERE!  I'm not sure if Volvo is the way to go for this frustrated Volvo customer!

http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif