PDA

View Full Version : My XC is going through hell

xc4life
04-19-2007, 10:13 PM
Hey. Today is April, 19th, 2007. My 2002 Volvo XC70 currently has many problems.

First: My transimisson is going bad. When I drive at a idling speed around 30 mph, the car rumbles like crazy. The whole car shakes like an earthquake.
Also- (this happened to me once)-when I was revving up the engine, while entering a freeway, the car went crazy. No matter how hard I revved it, the car woudnt go above 25-30 mph. The car even reved into 6,000 rpm!! This is insane!!

Second: The SRS airbag light is going on on my trip computer. It says that SRS Airbag Service Urgent. It is really weird b/c, it also is changing messages every time I press the info button. It has also said "Stop Engine", "Time for Service" It also has cleared the clock a few times, as if the battery died, but it hasnt.

Third: The interior lights are going weird. Sometimes when I drive in the freeway, or when I rev the car high, the car's lights (i.e., dash gauges, radio, temp. lights). This is really strange, in my opinion, b/c the interior light brightness round knob is always on the highest level.

God, my car really is going crazy. CAN PEOPLE PLEASE HELP ME???
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!
ANY HELP APPRICIATED!![thumbup] [thumbup]

tgwillard
04-20-2007, 06:27 AM
I would make a list (which you seem to have done) and take it to your dealer or a mechanic who knows Volvos.

BillAileo
04-20-2007, 07:05 AM
Any chance you've got corrosion or a loose connection in the electrical system? Sounds like most of your problems might be electrical in nature. As to the transmission, have you ever had the ATF flushed?

Bill

tkirwan
04-20-2007, 10:41 AM
I had weird electrical issues that affected the interior lights, dash lights, sunroof, and even the taillights. The most likely cause was determined to be the CCM, and after convincing the dealer to replace it (they saw the behavior once while driving it, but couldn't get any diagnostics), the problems went away. CCM stands for Comfort Control Module, IIRC. I'm not sure what they could do for diagnostics, but it sounds likely to me.

xc4life
04-20-2007, 05:01 PM
Yes. I have had the atf flush.

Mitch
04-20-2007, 05:48 PM
Software upgrade?!?

-Mitch

RedXC
04-22-2007, 08:55 PM
1st your transaxle might be going bad, but I will advice you to see if any sofware updates are in need. If not, suggest you have a experienced Volvo mechanic inspect your car. Other issues, suggest a Volvo shop with VADIS.