PDA

View Full Version : I ordered one yesterday

Pages : [1] 2

XCelerate
04-15-2007, 02:10 AM
:D Yesterday I decided to trade in my current XC70 for the 2008 model.
2008 Volvo XC70 3.2 AWD Geartronic Summum, electric silver.
Active Driving Line, Family Line, Mobility Line with Premium Sound, subwoofers, rear seat entertainment, extra tinted glass, parking heater with timer and remote control, sunroof, roof spoiler, private locking, modern wood inlays, ventilated leather, Minos 18 inch rims, park assist front and rear.

The dealer gave me a good deal on the trade in. It will arrive in October, maybe later.

Why did I do it? I just like the new XC70 a lot.

Not sure yet if it will be the 3.2 6 cil or the D5.

ifnt420
04-17-2007, 12:21 AM
Congrat!!
You might be the first one on here to own one. :D

edwa
04-17-2007, 07:30 AM
Congratulations,
What were the exterior color options? Is there a website yet that shows all the options you can build into it? What are the Active Driving Line, Family Line, Mobility Line details?

XCelerate
04-17-2007, 03:06 PM
Thanks.

There is a website available that shows all the options for the new XC70 (Volvo Sweden): http://www.volvocars.se/ Notice the chrome lining around the side windows on the attached picture? Maybe part of the Summum package.

The options are shown in the system the Volvo dealer uses to prepare proposals. Also, my dealer gave me copies of the internal sales info that has been made available to dealers.

The lines include (sorry for the unofficial / maybe crappy translation):

Active Driving Line:
- Servotronic - speed sensitive power steering
- heat blocking windshield
- four-C chassis

Mobility Line:
- RTI with TMC
- Premium Sound Dynaudio
- 6 CD changer
- DVD Europe
- Bluetooth handsfree system

Security Line:
- Volvo Guard class III Alarm System
- multilayer/laminated glass
- personal security communicator / keyless drive

Family Line:
- electric child safety locks
- integrated booster seats
- cupholders in arm rest back seat
- hamburgertray and cupholder

Exterior Colour options:
- 019 Black Stone
- 614 Ice White
- 426 Silver
- 452 Black Sapphire
- 477 Electric Silver
- 484 Seashell
- 454 Ruby Red
- 466 Barents Blue
- 471 Willow Green
- 472 Oyster Grey

Mats
04-20-2007, 11:46 PM
I have ordered one as well 2 weeks ago.
Itīs upposed to be delivered in august however.

It became D5 automatic, Barents blue, Momentum

/Mats.

AWD*V70XC
04-26-2007, 12:02 AM
It still amazes me that some people can just go out and buy a new vehicle without actually seeing it in the flesh. What if the new vehicle was not up to expectation :confused: would you just suffer on with it regardless??

Mind you I can talk, I did just that last October when replacing a works van, rang the dealer up and asked him how quick he could deliver?? He did not even have the order codes for it when I rang - lol.

Hope your wait is not too painful, shame you can't have it for the Summer months :( but you will at least have a good car for the Winter ahead. Well done [thumbup]

littlewaywelt
04-26-2007, 01:56 PM
It still amazes me that some people can just go out and buy a new vehicle without actually seeing it in the flesh. What if the new vehicle was not up to expectation :confused: would you just suffer on with it regardless??

Mind you I can talk, I did just that last October when replacing a works van, rang the dealer up and asked him how quick he could deliver?? He did not even have the order codes for it when I rang - lol.

Hope your wait is not too painful, shame you can't have it for the Summer months :( but you will at least have a good car for the Winter ahead. Well done [thumbup]

Did the exact same thing with our 01 after looking at a v70.
It was a long summer.

XCelerate
04-26-2007, 02:50 PM
I don't know about Mats, but I had a chance to have a good look at the car on the Amsterdam Motor Show (RAI). There, I could see, feel, smell, sit in, crawl over, rub and even lick (if I wanted to :o ) the new XC70. But, I could not drive it of course. I simply expect it to drive at least as nice as my current car. It has Four-C, which I really like on my current car.
The thing is, I'd been busy thinking of getting the Audi A6 Allroad for half a year. Drove it, worried about getting the 3.0TDI, the 3.2 V6 or the V8. Picked a color, had a good trade-in deal for the XC70 (48,000 euro for a delivery in June; yes, price includes taxes), etc. But somehow I could not decide before I saw the new XC70 in real life. I waited, and decided for the XC70 and against the Audi.
This stuff tends to drive me nuts, so I'm glad the decision has been made. Normally I hesitate for weeks to choose the color (Volvo colors are not very interesting or sometimes a bit weird even, there is not even a nice dark blue color for the XC70), but now I was sure it had to be Electric Silver.
Still not sure about the engine though, a (tuned) D5 or the new 3.2 6 cil (you can alter that until some weeks before actual production of the car). Any thoughts?

BTW, there is no full brochure available yet about the car, just a thin folder. I ordered a brochure thru the Swedish website, but I'm afraid it will never arrive.

philosophicaldreamer
04-26-2007, 08:54 PM
This stuff tends to drive me nuts, so I'm glad the decision has been made. Normally I hesitate for weeks to choose the color (Volvo colors are not very interesting or sometimes a bit weird even, there is not even a nice dark blue color for the XC70), but now I was sure it had to be Electric Silver.
Still not sure about the engine though, a (tuned) D5 or the new 3.2 6 cil (you can alter that until some weeks before actual production of the car). Any thoughts?

BTW, there is no full brochure available yet about the car, just a thin folder. I ordered a brochure thru the Swedish website, but I'm afraid it will never arrive.

You always go with a diesel. I wish we had diesels in this country. I can't understand why Americans fear modern diesels.

Ta-ta, j.

griso4r
04-27-2007, 05:39 AM

BTW, there is no full brochure available yet about the car, just a thin folder. I ordered a brochure thru the Swedish website, but I'm afraid it will never arrive.[/QUOTE]i'm quite happy with the d5 185hp, but i make 35k km per year so i could not afford a 3.2 6 cyl. with half kms/year i would go for the 3.2.
i will shift to the new xc70 only if i'll find a good deal as it happened with my current '06: 18% off from purchase price.
ciao

Mats
04-30-2007, 06:48 AM
I have had achance to look at xc70.
My company is a supplier to Volvo Gothenburg and we have been developing the car together.

/Mats.

Bluegrass-XC
05-11-2007, 11:34 AM
Please excuse my ignorance in such matters, but .... what happens if you total your current XC prior to delivery of the new one? :eek:

bluexc70
05-12-2007, 03:59 AM
[QUOTE=XCelerate;73083]Thanks.

There is a website available that shows all the options for the new XC70 (Volvo Sweden): http://www.volvocars.se/ Notice the chrome lining around the side windows on the attached picture? Maybe part of the Summum package.

This is the link to the same URL in English:

http://www.volvocars.com/All-Cars/Volvo-XC70/default.htm

Mats
05-12-2007, 04:43 PM
[QUOTE=XCelerate;73083]Thanks.

This is the link to the same URL in English:

http://www.volvocars.com/All-Cars/Volvo-XC70/default.htm

I think that`s the same for momentum and summum.
I hope to se my car in august sometime, if time scedule still holds.
I would not be surprised if some details still changes however, that is almost a kind of standard in development of a new car that things changes.

HeadXC
06-21-2007, 06:47 AM
I have been talking with my dealer and pricing should be released in Julu after the offical release in Europe. At this point Canada will release the info. My dealer and i have been talking and as soon as he can get one it's mine. Said maybe October and he should have a press car in September to drive. Well let's see who is first in Canada or US to get one. Will keep you posted as soon as i can get the paperwork for the order.
I'm excited, too bad they don't bring the D5 into NA (too much Sulpher in the Diesel)

pico de luuks
06-21-2007, 01:16 PM
If TDS prices are any indication, the prices will be very similar to the outgoing model.

XCelerate
06-22-2007, 10:33 AM
This week the dealer confirmed: production of my new XC70 will take place in week 36, delivery about two weeks later. Right after the official introduction in the Netherlands. Can't wait.

xc4life
06-22-2007, 11:10 AM
Diesels??!!

Well I know for sure, that the first year or two with OUR(us market)'s engine will be hell. A 3.2 N/A Engine!!
WTF??!!!

Where the hell did the Turbo go??!!! :(

D5GT
06-25-2007, 08:08 AM
Well I did it also.

XC70 D5 geartronic "momentum" is coming after 3 months from today. Cost only 68 000 euros. (about 85 000usd thanks for our car taxes)

Well I can't wait to get it[thumbup]

XCelerate
06-25-2007, 10:00 AM
Well I did it also.

XC70 D5 geartronic "momentum" is coming after 3 months from today. Cost only 68 000 euros. (about 85 000usd thanks for our car taxes)

Well I can't wait to get it[thumbup]

Congratulations! Which color and options did you choose?

D5GT
06-27-2007, 04:27 AM
Thanks.

Momentum package + Nivomat, timer for heater, towing hook... Color is Oyster grey and leather interior is sandstone/espresso.

Car only misses xenon lights and better soundsystem, maybe electric seats?

Mats
06-27-2007, 06:58 AM
Thanks.

Momentum package + Nivomat, timer for heater, towing hook... Color is Oyster grey and leather interior is sandstone/espresso.

Car only misses xenon lights and better soundsystem, maybe electric seats?

Hi D5GT
Momentum includes xenonlight, atleast here in sweden!
I have ,except from momentum also timer for heater towing hook(nivomat) and electric driver seat, high performance sound system. Barents Blue.
Itīs not confirmed yet but I hope for late august delivery.

MK

D5GT
06-30-2007, 02:24 AM
Here in Finland we get xenon lights and, elec-seats and 17-wheels with summum-pack. So there is local differences... those are the only differeces between momentum and summum.

Here momentun is quite fully equiped..

D5GT
06-30-2007, 02:27 AM
Here in Finland we get xenon lights and, elec-seats and 17-wheels with summum-pack. So there is local differences... those are the only differeces between momentum and summum.

Here momentun is quite fully equiped..

And electric driver seat comes with summum-pack.

doublecheese
07-15-2007, 02:36 PM
Congrats you all on your new XC70 orders.

I'm thinking of ordering one too but the only thing makes me to think twice is the lack of plastic trim around the front grill and the front bumper. I wonder why Volvo tried to make this car look like a V70 . I guess I won't be ordering until I see the real thing on the roads. Apart from that the new XC looks and feels fantastic.....enjoy it

marcinrudzki
07-16-2007, 09:33 AM
I test drove a new XC70 here in US a few days ago and I really liked it. I own 2007 XC70 and 2008 model in my opinion is a step in the right direction. I love the front end of the car but not a huge fan of the rear so far. The interior was nice and quiet. I found the standard 3.2 engine underpowered and not very dynamic. I prefer the current 2.5T. I do not think I would buy this car with 3.2 engine. I will wait for T6.

dcawd
07-21-2007, 09:11 PM
Could you give us more feedback on other aspects of the car--esp. how it compares to the current model. Looks in real life? Leg room in rear is supposed to b e about 4 cm more. Instrument panel? What about pricing and when they will be available stateside? Thanks

marcinrudzki
07-23-2007, 02:26 PM
I really liked the way it looked from the side and the front but I wasn't crazy about the rear. I didn't like the V O L V O spacing at all. The interior was 100% the same as in S80 and I found it of much better quality than my 07 XC70. There were no rattles or squeaks in the cabin and it looked well put together. I am 6'2" and I was able to seat comfortably "behind" myself. My 4 years old daughter loved the new 2 stage booster seats. She was much more comfortable than in the current model. The sticker on the car I drove was above $53000 USD. It was fully loaded with Nav, Dynaudio, etc. The engine was basic 3.2. I do not know when it is going to be available in US, but I personally wouldn't buy it with 3.2 engine. In my opinion it needs at least T6. One other thing I disliked about the car was the door window frames – they are all rubber now just like in V50.

griso4r
07-26-2007, 06:19 AM
i've seen the first xc70 driving through the village where i spent my holidays. better than in picture but i didn't fell in love at a first sight (as it happened with the past xc). horrible the chrome lining around the fog lights and the one in the back. i'll visit anyway the dealer for a trial in september. i'll let you know the impressions.
ciao

philosophicaldreamer
07-26-2007, 07:23 PM
As usually I would stay away from the first two years of the new model. I like the new look, but I can tell that Volvo will improve on it with time. Besides $53000 for this car seems to be excessive amount of money considering that you can buy MB for this price. As much as I love Volvos, they are not MB quality cars. Volvo will have to drop the price to become competitive with other makes.

Ta-ta, j.

doublecheese
07-27-2007, 01:41 AM
As usually I would stay away from the first two years of the new model. I like the new look, but I can tell that Volvo will improve on it with time. Besides $53000 for this car seems to be excessive amount of money considering that you can buy MB for this price. As much as I love Volvos, they are not MB quality cars. Volvo will have to drop the price to become competitive with other makes.

Ta-ta, j.

Wow you say US$ 53.0000 is too much for ths car ha :)) , the 2007 XC70 is sold at Euro 65.000ish (USD$89.000) at here, and I reckon the new XC will be around Euro 70.000 because of the bigger engine....... A brand new MB ML280 CDI is Euro 99.000 = US$136.000

You guys are lucky you pay pennies for cars :) :) :)

07xc70
07-28-2007, 12:01 AM
When I bought my 2007 XC70 last September (in California), I checked the prices in Denmark just for fun. (Lived there for 10 years so I am familiar with the car taxes there...)

My $40,000 car costs about 900.000 Danish kroner in Denmark - or $165,000 at today's rates. :eek:

dcawd
07-28-2007, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the info Marcinrudzki and GRISO4. I have the same reaction to the chrome on the front/rear lights--in the pictures, and also to the retro Volvo look of the rear logo.

Curious about one thing. Am I alone in sensing a rather profound lack of interest in the new car among forum members? Is it simply too early, particularly for those of us Stateside? Or are the looks alienating folks?

philosophicaldreamer
07-28-2007, 07:53 PM
Wow you say US$ 53.0000 is too much for ths car ha :)) , the 2007 XC70 is sold at Euro 65.000ish (USD$89.000) at here, and I reckon the new XC will be around Euro 70.000 because of the bigger engine....... A brand new MB ML280 CDI is Euro 99.000 = US$136.000

You guys are lucky you pay pennies for cars :) :) :)

Correct me if I am wrong, but is not the reason that cars cost so much in Europe that you guys pay ridiculous taxes?

Ta-ta, j.

Mats
07-29-2007, 07:32 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but is not the reason that cars cost so much in Europe that you guys pay ridiculous taxes?

Ta-ta, j.

You are correct about ridiculos taxes, they are high here in scandinavia.
When i ordered my xc70 -2008 in march price was set to 42.390€.
Itīs still much cheaper than comparable Audi Allroad and Bmw X3.
My car is going into production middle of august and is supposed to be delivered in beginning of september.
So letīs wait and see if it keeps my expectations.

MK

ellita
07-29-2007, 12:31 PM

Ta-ta, j.

William has posted the OSD pricing for the 2008 XC70 (see http://www.flyvolvo.com/msg4.htm). The OSD tourist price for the car will start at $34,000 USD. I guess that the US MSRP on the lot will be ~$37,000. You might be able to jack up the price to $53000 if you load up the car with all the options, and ask the dealer to gold-plate it or something. :D

doublecheese
07-29-2007, 12:42 PM
The pricing for the new XC70 is not fixed yet in Istanbul.

The first pricing will be available by August 3rd . The first ever new XC70 will be here at about August 8th-9th and I was promised a test drive with the new XC70 between August 10-14th.

The estimated price will be around Euro 70.000 for the diesel engine .

I will post pictures when I take the test drive.

philosophicaldreamer
07-29-2007, 04:07 PM
William has posted the OSD pricing for the 2008 XC70 (see http://www.flyvolvo.com/msg4.htm). The OSD tourist price for the car will start at $34,000 USD. I guess that the US MSRP on the lot will be ~$37,000. You might be able to jack up the price to $53000 if you load up the car with all the options, and ask the dealer to gold-plate it or something. :D

$37000 sounds much more reasonable than $53000, not talking about 70000 Euros. I am not surprised that so many Europeans opt for public transportation than cars.

Ta-ta, j.

griso4r
07-30-2007, 05:34 AM
in italy prices are starting from 43.250 euro (including 20% vat) for the D5 manual, and from 47.100 euro for the 3.2 AT.
no chances for me to get a new one unless special offers from the dealer.
ciao

philosophicaldreamer
07-30-2007, 02:35 PM
in italy prices are starting from 43.250 euro (including 20% vat) for the D5 manual, and from 47.100 euro for the 3.2 AT.
no chances for me to get a new one unless special offers from the dealer.
ciao

I wonder when it is going to happen that Europeans will start balking at paying such high prices for cars. I thought that when EU came into existence that competition would force the price war, but apparently this has not happened yet.

Ta-ta, j.

JRL
07-30-2007, 04:31 PM
$37000 sounds much more reasonable than $53000, not talking about 70000 Euros. I am not surprised that so many Europeans opt for public transportation than cars.

Ta-ta, j.
37K buys you an XC, period.
No Premium, (leather) no Climate (heated seats) no Moonroof, no nuttin!

philosophicaldreamer
07-30-2007, 06:10 PM
37K buys you an XC, period.
No Premium, (leather) no Climate (heated seats) no Moonroof, no nuttin!

I am certain that you know better than I the prices on these cars. I guess, however, the price in the States must vary with geography. When I was at a local dealer having my wife's S70 serviced, I saw for $38,500 2007 XC70 fully loaded with no GPS for sale. I am certain that I could have talked dealer down if I had been interested in getting this XC. If you go on internet and start scouring various dealers, you might be surprised what you can get. I don't know about the P3 version though; this might be a different story. However, I am certain that if Volvo is thinking about selling P3 XC70 for $53000, then they will burn themselves as Apple has burnt itself by charging for their new phone $600. I was just looking at a new 2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI for $49500. Again as much as I love Volvos, if Volvo starts asking people to pay stupid prices for their product, people will move on. The brand loyalty goes so far and no further.

Ta-ta, j.

griso4r
08-02-2007, 07:26 AM
Thanks for the info Marcinrudzki and GRISO4. I have the same reaction to the chrome on the front/rear lights--in the pictures, and also to the retro Volvo look of the rear logo.

Curious about one thing. Am I alone in sensing a rather profound lack of interest in the new car among forum members? Is it simply too early, particularly for those of us Stateside? Or are the looks alienating folks?as i said in a former post, i think the new 70 is not breaking the rules as the previous models i mean 740, 850 and v/xc 70. it doesn't catch the eye, is something already seen that make you say "..it looks like..". probably this is done to steal customers from the german brands but has the effect not to fully convince the "volvo style" lovers. just my impressions.
ciao

griso4r
08-02-2007, 07:39 AM
I wonder when it is going to happen that Europeans will start balking at paying such high prices for cars. I thought that when EU came into existence that competition would force the price war, but apparently this has not happened yet.

Ta-ta, j.to tell the truth, volvo in italy (but i think in all europe) is always coming out with such high prices (at german brands level) to drop them unofficially after some months. i don't know anyone who paid a volvo the full price, discounts of 18-20% have always been applied. in this way the cost is coming to the level you're expecting. during the last year also the "germans" are applying this strategy because the people almost stopped to buy cars. now there is a slight recover in the car market. above the cost of the car don't forget we're paying the diesel 1,18 euro per liter and the regular 1,29 euro per liter, owning a car is becoming a real luxury.
ciao

skibo
08-02-2007, 09:27 AM
I'm thinking of ordering one too but the only thing makes me to think twice is the lack of plastic trim around the front grill and the front bumper. I wonder why Volvo tried to make this car look like a V70 .

More paint means less plastic to get sun-faded. After 2.5 years my XC's 'nose' looks lousy. I've tried the 303 that was talked-up on this forum, but it doesn't seem to last very long. I'd rather it were painted.

philosophicaldreamer
08-02-2007, 10:44 AM
to tell the truth, volvo in italy (but i think in all europe) is always coming out with such high prices (at german brands level) to drop them unofficially after some months. i don't know anyone who paid a volvo the full price, discounts of 18-20% have always been applied. in this way the cost is coming to the level you're expecting. during the last year also the "germans" are applying this strategy because the people almost stopped to buy cars. now there is a slight recover in the car market. above the cost of the car don't forget we're paying the diesel 1,18 euro per liter and the regular 1,29 euro per liter, owning a car is becoming a real luxury.
ciao

I concur with you that the car market in Europe is becoming the luxury market because of the amount of money one has to spend to enjoy having a car. I think that it is good that Europeans are getting more reluctant to buy cars; maybe this way car manufacturers and the governments will start realizing that charging excessive prices and imposing excessive taxes will lead to nowhere. I read the other day that in England 86% of the petroleum price are taxes. I think it is a high time for people in England to throw "the tea into the harbour," so to speak.

Ta-ta, j.

philosophicaldreamer
08-02-2007, 10:47 AM
More paint means less plastic to get sun-faded. After 2.5 years my XC's 'nose' looks lousy. I've tried the 303 that was talked-up on this forum, but it doesn't seem to last very long. I'd rather it were painted.

Our nose still looks like new, but I am curious how much it would cost to have a new nose installed. I wonder whether a body shop would have some way of rejuvenating your car's color.

Ta-ta ,j.

Mats
08-03-2007, 08:47 AM
I was at our local dealer today and testdrove xc70-08 3,2.
I only had a chance to test for 30 minutes but stillenough for the first taste.
Incredibly smooth suspension was the first impression.
When you accelerate it feels so smooth that you donīt think you are driving that fast!!!.
It was a very comfortable car ,for sure
Seat comfort and instrument was very good.
I was not entirely happy with the gearbox.
Iīm normally used to diesel so maybe thats why it feels different.
I have ordered a diesel(which has more torque) and that will probably
work differently.
I was testing a pre-series car wich seems to have a strange package combination.
Electrical hatch was very convenient!

So now I have to wait for my own. 4 moore weeks........

MK

AWD*V70XC
08-06-2007, 02:17 AM
I was at our local dealer today and testdrove xc70-08 3,2.
I only had a chance to test for 30 minutes but stillenough for the first taste.
Incredibly smooth suspension was the first impression.
When you accelerate it feels so smooth that you donīt think you are driving that fast!!!.
It was a very comfortable car ,for sure
Seat comfort and instrument was very good.
I was not entirely happy with the gearbox.
Iīm normally used to diesel so maybe thats why it feels different.
I have ordered a diesel(which has more torque) and that will probably
work differently.
I was testing a pre-series car wich seems to have a strange package combination.
Electrical hatch was very convenient!

So now I have to wait for my own. 4 moore weeks........

MK

You sound excited [thumbup] Hope it lives up to the dream again. I can't decide to go for another 70 or upgrade myself to the 90 :confused:

doublecheese
08-26-2007, 01:29 PM
I'm still waiting for the test drive the new XC70, however they postponed the selling of new XC70 until October in Istanbul, the rumor is that they still have a couple of 07' XC70's which they want to get rid of with some special discounts.

So it looks like my test drive will be in October :( :(

BTW, to keep my plastic trim clean I use a special fluid I got off "Ziebart Tidy Car" this is something like milk and once you apply it it lasts easily a month on the car. All pale and old looking parts look like new and it's also water repellant.

Therefore I still strongly wish if the new XC70 had a plastic nose rather than a painted one, now it looks like a V70...