PDA

View Full Version : I ordered one yesterday

Pages : 1 [2]

dlmielke
09-14-2007, 07:38 PM
My dealer (Chicago area) swore their demonstrator would arrive this week. Still waiting. Have '98 XC70 I plan to pass along to our teen driver. Am in a big hurry (transportation crunch in our house) and have considered Honda Pilot, Acura MDX, even Mercedes G series, but don't want to commit until I can physically see, sit in, drive new XC. Love my car, but hate more recent years. Redesign may address some of my issues, but I'm growing impatient. And if the demo arrives soon and I like it, MY car won't arrive for almost 2 months! Those of you who have seen the '08... is it worth the wait?

ellita
09-17-2007, 12:56 PM
I drove by Boston Volvo yesterday and saw several '08s on the lot, along with some leftover '07s. Their lot had fewer cars than usual, so it appears that they've cleared the deck for new arrivals. Other dealers around here are selling the '07 XC70 "Adventure edition" for under $35K--if you can believe the newspaper ads.:rolleyes:
It will be interesting to see if the '08s can be moved at close to MSRP, or will have to be discounted in the near future.

joseppfit02
10-03-2007, 12:41 PM
Hi,

I ordered one of XC70 D5 08.
In local dealer (in Spain) tell me that is impossible to get Bluethoot from the factory.
There is only a posibility: is to put an "external" bluethoot" when my car arrive...
Any one can tell me if is true?
I put a Premium Sound Radio.

Thank's

XCelerate
10-04-2007, 12:25 PM
Hi,

I ordered a XC70 D5 08.
The local dealer (in Spain) tells me that it is impossible to get Bluetooth from the factory.
There is only a possibility to mount an "external" bluetooth system when my car arrives...
Any one can tell me if it is true?
I have a Premium Sound Radio.

Thanks

The dealer is wrong. A Bluetooth handsfree system is an accessory available from Volvo.
Part of the "Mobility Line" overhere, mounted in the factory. It can also be mounted by the dealer.
Does not work with Blackberries I heard.

XCelerate
10-10-2007, 03:07 PM
Just some snap shots of the new XC70 I'm going to pick up on saturday.
The car still has the plastic covers on the brake disks. Have not seen it irl yet, can't wait.

joseppfit02
10-12-2007, 03:49 AM
Yes XCelerate, but I want an internal Bluethoot, and I think that accesory is an external. It put in a car when arrive in a dealer.

griso4r
10-12-2007, 05:34 AM
Just some snap shots of the new XC70 I'm going to pick up on saturday.
The car still has the plastic covers on the brake disks. Have not seen it irl yet, can't wait.the first one i see with the rear spoiler, very nice. have fun!

XCelerate
10-13-2007, 06:08 AM
Yes XCelerate, but I want an internal Bluethoot, and I think that accesory is an external. It put in a car when arrive in a dealer.

The Bluetooth system is fully integrated in the instrument panel and works perfectly with my Nokia.

joseppfit02
10-13-2007, 07:33 AM
Ok, thank's XCelerate.
Here in Spain is impossible to get this XC70 integrate bluethoot from factory.
I ask for it and say: you must put it whe car arrive al dealer.

evilmachine
01-03-2008, 03:49 PM
What´s about your driving test doublecheese?
I´m waiting for you to tell us if the 2008 model is good enough to change my 2007 XC70 D5 for it.

doublecheese
01-04-2008, 02:11 AM
Hi Evilmachine :)

I drove the new XC70 long enough time to make assumptions about it.

Well the car drives beautifully and the handling is good, the interior looks much better compared to the old XC

A friend who had a 2001 V70XC had sold his XC and bought the new 2008 XC70. We went to a skiing resort with him this weekend, he also said that the new XC is much better than the old XC.

I, personally wouldn't buy the new XC and actually I bought another car which is about €7000 Euro more expensive than the new XC's selling price here at Istanbul and kept my old XC70 as well :)))

The reason I wouldn't buy it is that I really still don't like the looks of the new XC70 , I don't know why but I still can't get used to it.... If you're my kind of guy ; I'd advise you to keep the old one for a few years more until the new XC70 looks slightly better with a face lift:)))

evilmachine
01-04-2008, 03:18 AM
Doublecheese, I´ve the same opinion.
I don´t like the XC70 new look.
Even more, for me the 2007 model is more than enough for my needs.
I can go with my three childs and wife wherever we want.
Good luck with your new Mitsubishi.