PDA

View Full Version : Engine Mount

Aviator
04-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Hello all !! I was out last night replacing the low beam bulbs in my '02 XC70, when I happened to notice a sheared bushing in my upper torque bar/roll stopper. It's the one pressed into the aluminum bracket that attaches to the top of the engine. It appears that the bushing can be pressed out and a new one pressed in. I called the local Volvo dealership, and was given a quote of $96.00 Cdn.( bull**** !!) which includes the aluminum bracket.......well I don't need the bracket; just the bushing. When I enquired as to only replacing the bushing I was told one cannot do this in an '02. I believe this to be pure effluent. I will put this question out to other '02 XC owners.....can one purchase the bushing by itself ? If so, where can one purchase said bushing ? It's no problem for me to do the pressing as I have the right tool for doing it.

Dave.

Art
04-11-2007, 03:26 PM
I've never had any dealings with these folks before but it certainly won't hurt to give them a call to check what they currently have in stock.

Swedish Volvo Parts (http://www2.swedishpartswholesale.com/parts/parts1/swedishpartswholesale/wizard.jsp?year=2002&make=VO&model=XC70-4WDT-004&category=A&part=Engine+Mount+Bushing&dp=false)

PDXXC
04-11-2007, 07:12 PM
To my knowledge the insert isn't available from Volvo.
You can get aftermarket unrethane bushings that can be installed in your round (old-style) mount or you can purchase a new (rectangular) version of the mount (bracket and all) from your dealer. The problem with the urethane bushings is that they transmit more vibrations from the motor to everything else. You'll the motor vibrate at idle which can be a little annoying.
There's another thread in here about motor mounts that's pretty informative.
Cheers,
Jorge

Aviator
04-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Okay, I did some snooping around and came up with a few options on a few sites but this bushing setup from Evolve looks interesting. Anyone using this ?

http://www.evolvecars.com/site/index.php?id=276,271,0,0,1,0

Dave

tom's new car
04-12-2007, 06:11 PM
yup....been there, done that with both the blue on and the black one.......you want the black one....the blue one introduces too much vibration......

JRL
04-12-2007, 06:33 PM
They do not sell round bushings anymore, they've been replaced by the better and longer lasting square bushing AND bracket.
$96 Canadian is CHEAP, CHEAP CHEAP.
If you buy an aftermarket poly bushing and you have an automatic Volvo you WILL have vibrations at idle and for most people it's quite annoying.
See my posts below about this

Aviator
04-13-2007, 08:04 AM
Okay, thanks for the advice. What about the two piece arrangement that IPD sells.......anyone have any experience with this one ?

BillAileo
04-13-2007, 08:46 AM
I used the IPD two piece replacement on our '03 XC70. It was an easy install but I can definitely feel the vibrations JRL mentions. If I were to do it again, I'd either buy the new Volvo part or try out the Evolve "black" replacement which allegedly transmits less vibration.

Bill

volvoshad
04-13-2007, 08:57 AM
I bought the black perforated urethane replacement bushing from fcpgroton.com for $25 and hated the vibration. They took it back and sold me the square one for $47.50. This one is still on the car.[thumbup]

JRL
04-13-2007, 01:03 PM
Okay, thanks for the advice. What about the two piece arrangement that IPD sells.......anyone have any experience with this one ?

Oh GOD!!!:confused: :confused: [cussing] [cussing]

Aviator
04-13-2007, 02:21 PM
Okay then it looks like the one from Evolve !! Incidentally, when I asked about the mount from the dealer, they said the replacement is still the original design. I specifically asked whether or not the insert was round or square and they said it is definitely round. I'd like to get the one from Evolve, but once I've done the math for exchange and shipping, I may as well get the Volvo one. I was told they are only lasting about 2 years. I want one that's going to last a lot longer than that. I guess the economics would logically dictate buying the Evolve bushing. Anyone know of a Canadian company selling these ? I've been searching and haven't come up with anything.

Dave.

JRL
04-13-2007, 03:08 PM
bushing. Anyone know of a Canadian company selling these ? I've been searching and haven't come up with anything.

Dave.
Eurosport sells a top mount but I think it's equal to the harder blue mount

http://www.eurosporttuning.com/

http://www.eurosporttuning.ca/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=VLE-960-101&Category_Code=VL-V70-en

Mitch
04-13-2007, 04:56 PM
Hello all !! I was out last night replacing the low beam bulbs in my '02 XC70, when I happened to notice a sheared bushing in my upper torque bar/roll stopper. It's the one pressed into the aluminum bracket that attaches to the top of the engine. It appears that the bushing can be pressed out and a new one pressed in. I called the local Volvo dealership, and was given a quote of $96.00 Cdn.( bull**** !!) which includes the aluminum bracket.......well I don't need the bracket; just the bushing. When I enquired as to only replacing the bushing I was told one cannot do this in an '02. I believe this to be pure effluent. I will put this question out to other '02 XC owners.....can one purchase the bushing by itself ? If so, where can one purchase said bushing ? It's no problem for me to do the pressing as I have the right tool for doing it.

Dave.

Dave, is this the bushing that you are talking about?

http://parts.autopartsonlinecanada.com/parts/apocanada/wizard.jsp?year=2002&make=VO&model=XC70-4WDT-004&category=A&part=Engine+Mount+Bushing

I get all of my parts from these guys. I usually add a couple of filters or spark plugs to make it $75 and get free shipping. I usually get my stuff in 3-4 days.

Good luck! Too bad I can't find a door without the tree impression in it on that site!

-Mitch

volvoshad
04-15-2007, 07:32 PM
Dave, is this the bushing that you are talking about?

http://parts.autopartsonlinecanada.com/parts/apocanada/wizard.jsp?year=2002&make=VO&model=XC70-4WDT-004&category=A&part=Engine+Mount+Bushing

I get all of my parts from these guys. I usually add a couple of filters or spark plugs to make it $75 and get free shipping. I usually get my stuff in 3-4 days.

Good luck! Too bad I can't find a door without the tree impression in it on that site!

-Mitch

#A7130-163784 is the exact bushing that I bought from FCP Groton for $25 (US) and hated the vibrations. I thought the perforated design would be better than the solid variety sold by ipd and others, but it was unacceptable in my XC. I would recommend #A7000-187140, the square bushing, in a car with an automatic tranny.